Simple shape

Started by TheBadger, January 08, 2014, 09:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Hi,

I think what is happening is that the simple shape shaders used to control the population of the rocks are not rotated to match the plane of the population when the population is rotated. This means the simple shape shaders are being projected along the Y axis onto the plane of the populator which results in an elliptical shape. FYI, if you cut a cylinder right across with a plane at an angle you will get an ellipse. I suspect this would work if you put a transform shader with the same rotation as the population between the simple shape shaders and the populator , but I'm not 100% sure.

Regards,

Jo

TheBadger

That sounds good. should is matter where between the two, there are a few other nodes there? I will play with it. Thank you for the tip jo!

It has been eaten.

jo

Hi Michael,

I've just tried my suggestion and it seems to work. I put the Transform input shader between the colour adjust shader and the density shader input of the population.

No problems with your project so far, and it's been open a fair while now. Vexing!

Regards,

Jo

jo

I should also point out that the simple shape shader preview for the shape (orange dotted line) is not effected by transform shaders. It will always be drawn in the X/Z plane.

Regards,

Jo

TheBadger

Jo,

Im sorry man. I don't know what the deal is. I have had no problems tonight, none, not one crash, and not one crazy screen thing. Maybe my system was over heating or it was too moist in here. I just don't know. Perhaps one of my components is going bad, and TG just stresses it more than my other soft?
If your having no problems, and its not happening to me tonight, than I think I wasted your time. If so, I would be sorry for that.

Thanks a lot though for the info in your last posts though! You guys are serious people.

" the simple shape shader preview for the shape (orange dotted line) is not effected by transform shaders. It will always be drawn in the X/Z plane."

Yeah, at least I understood that one from the start. Thank goodness ;)
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

Quote from: jo on January 15, 2014, 04:24:47 AM
Hi Michael,

I've just tried my suggestion and it seems to work. I put the Transform input shader between the colour adjust shader and the density shader input of the population.

No problems with your project so far, and it's been open a fair while now. Vexing!

Regards,

Jo

Yep! It works perfect. Thank you, thank you.  :)

The bad news is I maybe would have thought of this in a few more days, maybe never. The good news is this thread will serve as a good tut to go along with the ring threads in file sharing for new users in the future. So thats nice too.

Cheers Jo!
It has been eaten.