Small holes in Terrain

Started by cyphyr, June 15, 2009, 06:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PabloMack

Quote from: cyphyr on January 14, 2014, 03:49:33 PMGood to see that some old topics can be usefully raised from the grave :)

It'll be a long time before I am a TG guru like you. I decided to find an old thread that dealt with this same issue rather than start a new one and act like a self-centered idiot. It's nice to know that others have the same problems. "Cheers" theme song:

"You wanna be where you can see someone who has holes in their terrain.   You wanna go where everybody knows your name. " @0:54 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYcX534JqG4

It seems this forum is like the Cheers bar to a lot of us...but I can show up in my underwear and nobody will complain.  :)

Oshyan

You can always send such files to support@planetside.co.uk and we'll make sure it goes to the right place.

- Oshyan

PabloMack

As it turns out, checking "Smooth Surface" and lowering "Patch Size" has eliminated the old holes but created new ones. I sent Matt a stripped-down scene that still exhibits the holes. They are more obvious when the sky and lake are behind them to show through. Steep cliff sides are critical elements in the story line of this screen play.