And so the Rockies are where?

Started by Harvey Birdman, July 02, 2007, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

I just flipped on the tv in my office. It was tuned to a classic movie channel, and I just caught the last couple of lines from an old Henry Fonda flick - 'The Return of Frank James' or some such. Our hero was walking down the street musing to the babe on his arm about how he'd come to like Denver - 'Yup, it does something to a man... watching the sun rise orange over the mountains...' or something to that effect.

Evidently the screenwriter had never been to Denver... or looked at a map, either. (Denver sits on the plains. The Rockies are to the West - to the East is nothing but flat ground.)

::)  ;D

Will

haha, well this is Hollywood the only place where a frag grenade simply explodes without throwing shrapnel.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Sethren

Just the other day i caught Commando, that 1985 Arnold Schwarzenegger flick in which he saves his daughter on that island compound. It was a gas. I thought Storm Troopers were bad at hitting there target but i was wrong. Then again our film hero would be loosed if these guys were actually trained.     ;D

Will

Monty Python had a great skit once in where one guy was in front of a firing squad and this missed, I think, three or four times. Then he told then that they had to look down the sights not the little cocking bolt lever thing on the side.

Sethren

:D   I miss Monty Python.    ;D   I need to buy The Flying Circus series.

rcallicotte

I can barely remember the speech by the Romans about the aqueducts.  Remember? 
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Will

I saw spamalot on Broadway, it was amazing.

BPauba

The best is when you watch old westerns and notice jet streams in the sky  :D

Will

or LOTR and see cars in the background.

old_blaggard

Heheh yup ;).  I love the things that *should* be put in the blooper reel but are instead put into the feature :P.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.