Possible transparent water solution found

Started by zionner, July 02, 2007, 10:10:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zionner

Hey all,

Im not sure if anyones already found this out, But if You render a birds eye view of your land where the water will be (without it being there), then Add a Default Shader and use it as the input to the water shader for say a lake you used, Then use the render you made for transparency, you should get a nice effect with it (im still rendering my version) Also if you Change The Reflection and relfection tint to a lgiht blue, this makes it look extremly realistic

DeathTwister

Now that sounds like an interesting work around.  Would you post the shot when finished rendered and maybe give a bit more detail about how you did that again maybe when you do and after you make any tweaks you think you may have to do? Sounds like a great idea and work around though. Have to put it on my to-do list. ;D

DT
Maylock Aromy DeathTwister Stansbury
ATOMIX Productions

zionner

Well, I Havent Completed the Full Render, But Here is a nice Example Render For You All:

If you want the TGD File ask and i'll upload it

Mavcat

Quote from: zionner on July 02, 2007, 10:54:12 AM
Well, I Havent Completed the Full Render, But Here is a nice Example Render For You All:

If you want the TGD File ask and i'll upload it

Doesnt really look transparent?

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

zionner

It Still Needs Work, But theres what i meant by transparency in that picture, is that the water looks transparent, but also looks somewhat dirty..so the water looks like you could see at the bottom of the lake, but you cant because of the amount of dirt ect there is in it, If you get what i mean

rcallicotte

I understand.  You have found a way to make dirty lake water, which might be useful.  It beats plain blue.

Would you still mind sharing the TGD?

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

zionner

Thanks, I knew I wouldnt be able to get a proper transparent without the Shader included..But its a start..i only started looking at it today

Heres the TGD File:

rcallicotte

Thanks.  I'll try it.

Quote from: zionner on July 02, 2007, 05:15:42 PM
Thanks, I knew I wouldnt be able to get a proper transparent without the Shader included..But its a start..i only started looking at it today

Heres the TGD File:

zionner

What you might also want to do..is to render a plan Ground (what you get at the start when you start a new project) And take a birds-eye picture of it

zionner

Well..Heres a 800x600 1 Detail Picture of nothing but that water ^^ sunlight and clouds:

Tell me what you think!

old_blaggard

Oooh, very fancy!  Great job!  I love what you did with this!  I'm definitely going to have to give that .tgd a good, hard look :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Really good, Zionner.  I'm grateful you shared the file and plan to make use of it.

Beautiful picture.

zionner

Thanks all :)

Would anyone like me to post a clip file instead (to save having to have the forest ect in that TGD file)