New Public Release

Started by Dune, February 08, 2014, 10:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

It's great fun working with the cubes. One more show-off, then I'll stop. Trees are not the best, but just dumped in.

choronr

That is really nice; being able to shape and texture with layers on cubes and spheres. Now we can make arches and natural bridges.

mhaze

I'm intrigued by the circular strata?

yossam

It kinda looks like a vortex shader...... ;D

Bjur

Oouuh, seeing this is like.. Torture! *Whips mentally Planetside for asap release and Ulco for teasing us
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Dune

Yes, I was intrigued by the circular strata as well. Didn't use a vortex shader. Perhaps it is the combination or order of strata and displacements. Lots of venues to explore, that's for sure. These are just 4 cubes, fed by the same line of shaders.

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: mhaze on February 10, 2014, 02:02:53 PM
I'm intrigued by the circular strata?

That's relatively simple to explain:

If you displace a cube then displacement noise "origin" is at the centre of the cube.
You'll notice that a power fractal will displace from the centre outwards, like an explosion.
If you apply a default strata shader (90 degrees perpendicular to the origin) then along the surface of the cube the strata shader is perpendicular everywhere.
The result is that the strata will bend along the entire surface of the cube.

Dune

That explains it well, haven't thought about that really. So in order to get 'level' strata, you'd have to do it differently. As soon as I have more time, I'm very eager to dive into this new stuff.

mhaze

BTW Ulco those are some of the nicest rocks I've seen by you :D Great stuff!

TheBadger

It has been eaten.