Student Discount

Started by dbury, February 24, 2011, 09:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbury

Hi everyone,

I am a student filmmaker and I was wondering if there is a student discount for Terragen 2 with animation. For my senior thesis film, I have a scene that would greatly benefit from Terragen 2 with animation, but I unfortunately cannot afford it.

The film is about a science professor who has a near death experience. He lectures on the effects of death on the brain, and he believes that near-death experiences are just hallucinations resulting from the neurons in the brain misfiring. However, while in his near-death state he descends through the light at the end of the tunnel and into the memories of his life. Here, he flashes back to a memory in which he watches a beautiful sunset with his mother. When he awakes, this memory reminds him to live in the present moment.

I would like to use Terragen is for one shot that descends through the atmosphere to reveal the sun setting behind the clouds.

The film is an extremely low-budget student project. If I could somehow obtain an affordable copy of Terragen with animation, it would mean the world to me. I would be more than willing to credit terragen in the closing credits of the film. Also, if my university is impressed with my work, they may consider buying Terragen in bulk for their computer labs.

Please let me know if you have any information on how to obtain a student discount.

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards
Daniel Bury
bury100@mail.chapman.edu

freelancah

This might help: For pricing details for educational licenses, please contact us( registrations@planetside.co.uk ) for further information, stating the number of licenses required.
You'd better contact that email for further inquiries

Oshyan

We do offer student discounts for anyone reading this thread in the future. Daniel, your request should have been answered by John, if not let us know here and we'll be sure to follow-up.

- Oshyan

nmamn

Hi Osayan,

Could you please advice me in how to purchase Terragen 3 pro+animation as a student?
I have emailed you a student letter confirmation but my account is not updated as a student
and it still shows the full price on this product.y

Thank you for your help,

Nataly
natalymatathias@gmail.com

Oshyan

Taken care of through the support address, which should always be used for inquiries like this: support@planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan