More f****** ice

Started by yossam, February 11, 2014, 11:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

In an ominous-sounding statement issued Tuesday morning, the Weather Service warned, "this winter storm may be of historic proportions for portions of the area.

This is what I woke up to this morning..............going to be a bitch. Forecast for my area is 3-4 inches of snow with at least a half inch of ice on top. Starting later today and continuing until Thursday afternoon. North of me (50 miles or so) they are predicting at least a foot of snow and ice.

My only concern is losing power. Where I live is basically surrounded by 50-60 foot oak trees. Ice and old oak trees do not go well together in this area.

Wish me luck................ :)

Don't know why the post did this............ :o

I'm in the medium blue area, northeast of Atlanta........... :'(

TheBadger

lol

I just built a house in 20-below zero. That map looks warm to me.
It has been eaten.

yossam

That's not temperature...........it's precipitation.  :P

Dune

Crossing my fingers for you, Richard! I wish we had some snow and ice, it's only drab, around zero and just above here.

PabloMack

Looks like you got a double-whammy this year. Once again, Houston was just out of the way of the bad stuff. This calls for a Yosemite Sam quote: "That just burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrns me up!"

TheBadger

I just read that Lake Superior will freeze over completely for the first time in a very long time. Its 80+% frozen now.
It has been eaten.

PabloMack

Quote from: TheBadger on February 12, 2014, 02:54:58 PMI just read that Lake Superior will freeze over completely for the first time in a very long time. Its 80+% frozen now.

Hmmmm... Scientists have been saying it is time for the end of the inter-glacial. Of course, that's ignoring global warming effects caused by man. Maybe the two will be offsetting. Got your mammoth skin handy?

TheBadger

I dont think your allowed to call it "global warming", anymore. I think we are supposed to just call it "climate change".
Which should tell us that no one knows what the hell is going on.
It has been eaten.

yossam

Think we need to talk to Allessandro about some lifesize wholly rino and mastodon.  :)

yossam

I think we may have dodged a bullet............we got about 2 inches of snow but the temperature never really got cold enough for the freezing rain. Supposed to snow flurry the rest of the night with temps around 30 degrees F. To the north of me got a bunch of snow (6 inches and still snowing) and to the south of me got about an inch of ice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed................. :)