Ocean Water

Started by rcallicotte, July 03, 2007, 04:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Great, Calico! A fair bit more complicated than my effort. My brain isn't geared up enough and I've barely just started playing with the functions in T2.
I like to choose the easy way out and try and get just as good results my own way. This looks really great though, nice work!

Volker Harun

This is really good! I am glad that I gave it a try ... and it quite fast.

Is that compute terrain necessary? I do not think so ,-)

rcallicotte

It isn't?  Okay.  It seemed like I needed to recompute before going to the next stage of the node network.  Did you try it without the Compute Terrain?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Volker Harun

Yep - and I killed some other nodes ,-)

rcallicotte

Please repost your results.  I'm diddling around with it now and found that the Constant Scalars at the top can affect the amount of turbulence.  Lower numbers in both will produce bigger waves and higher numbers smooth out the ocean.

Volker Harun

At first, I changed the values of the constant scalars. I love odd numbers so I changed the second one to 499 and the first to 101 - just a feeling.
The Mix-Scalars produce the same values 0.5X + 0.5Z. So I deleted one of those nodes and on the other side an Exp Scalar node (just for fun).
Deleting these nodes did not seem to effect the result much.

rcallicotte

So did you remove the Sin Scalars above or below the Mix-Scalars?

Quote from: Volker Harun on September 04, 2007, 11:40:17 AM
At first, I changed the values of the constant scalars. I love odd numbers so I changed the second one to 499 and the first to 101 - just a feeling.
The Mix-Scalars produce the same values 0.5X + 0.5Z. So I deleted one of those nodes and on the other side an Exp Scalar node (just for fun).
Deleting these nodes did not seem to effect the result much.

Volker Harun

I kept the sins ... do not ask why ;)