Quitting cigarettes

Started by TheBadger, March 07, 2014, 12:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

I have spent many years slowly building my immunity to many poisons. When the end of the world comes I got a good shot. But you clean lungs are screwed.
It has been eaten.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: TheBadger on March 08, 2014, 06:37:37 PM
I have spent many years slowly building my immunity to many poisons. When the end of the world comes I got a good shot. But you clean lungs are screwed.

Worked for the Dread Pirate Roberts...

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

N-drju

Suppose there is a world-ending event of meteorite shower from hell? We "clean lungs" can run away from it faster. Not to mention climbing a mountain to avoid the flood. Eh? :P
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

TheBadger

:-[ this sucks. Its really hard. It almost hurts.
It has been eaten.

archonforest

Keep going man keep going...do not give up now!! And may the forest be with you. :o Hmmm...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

inkydigit

keep going, stay strong M...
I managed to knock tobacco on the head after 30 odd years, 16th month now still going strong... (I am stubborn when I need to be)
it's hard, but not impossible!
:)
J

chris_x422

Joins the group,  takes a seat............hi my name is Chris and I'm an addict :)

I've gone two and a half months without a smoke now, feeling so much better for it too.... I know it's tough, but don't let your guard down mate, keep going, it's worth it!

TheBadger

Thanks for the moral support! The e cig helps with the fits and my temper. Its harder than I think it would be because there are other smokers around me. And they have NO interest in quitting.

Its funny though. I always hatted that guy who quit something and expected everyone else to do the same. Now Im that prick.  ;D
It has been eaten.

DamionGarbers

Quote from: TheBadger on March 07, 2014, 12:51:12 AM
Hey,

was looking for that thread where people were talking about how they quit smoking, couldn't find what I thought I was remembering.

Anyway I am making a real effort now to quit (costs to much and pisses my wife off too much) Also, I don't really feel very healthy. I used to rock climb, now I'm lucky to get up to the second floor without complaining  >:(

I have tried the patch before, works for crap. Takes the edge off but I always wanted a smoke.

Nic gum works in pinch. But I couldn't stop thinking about when I would get a chance to smoke.

The pills made me have crazy ass dreams, added anxiety, and funny enough, made me smoke 200% more.

I am trying the
electronic cigarettes thing now. Went with "blue" because its everywhere and finding refills is easy enough. And I have to say, this thing really works for me.
I like the whole thing. And I can lower the nicotine does over time.

Been smoking for near 20 years. I have enjoyed it, but I have had my fill.

Hope this works.

Also was thinking about that thread someone posted about staying heathy while we all sit in front of our comps all day every day. Couldn't find that thread too. Anyway I went a nd bought the p90X dvd set used. Guess it works great if it don't kill you first. Would be nice to get cut like a greek god, cause Im modeling statues of those guys, and I think it would be great fun to model my self as Apollo true to form!   ;D heres to hope!

It is extremely tough to quit smoking..I have tried many a times but failed..I hope you got success and a new life..

archonforest

Hey Badger are u done with the smoking now?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Rocknugraphics

I use a Vapor Pen. Started at 24 nicotine strength. Now at 2. Been using it for about 2 months. Best thing that was ever made to help You quit.

TheBadger

Cut way down. On again off again. Smoke like a chimney. Cut way down. On again off again...
It has been eaten.

JimB

Get a proper vapouriser, not a cigarette lookalike which are pretty lame in the experience of many, and experiment with the different strengths and flavoured liquids from traditional cigarette tobacco to pipe tobacco to vanilla to all sorts. Also, an elderly neighbour recently quit entirely by only smoking half a cigarette at a time (but not smoke twice as much  ;) ). Once you start getting rid of the tar you'll feel the health benefits without the nicotine withdrawal. Quite frankly, many vapers like the nicotine hit and have no intention of quitting nicotine, just tar, tobacco and the smell. Good luck with it.
Some bits and bobs
The Galileo Fallacy, 'Argumentum ad Galileus':
"They laughed at Galileo. They're laughing at me. Therefore I am the next Galileo."

Nope. Galileo was right for the simpler reason that he was right.