Quitting cigarettes

Started by TheBadger, March 07, 2014, 12:51:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac

Hey guys, long time.

On August 1st I celebrated 10 years as a non smoker. I think a pack of 25 Cnd cigs go for around $11 now. They were about $6 ot $7 a pack when I quit. I was a pack a day smoker, so I probably saved over $30,000 since I quit. I feel so much better, not to mention all the toys I have bought. :D

PabloMack

Thumbs up!

mac

Quote from: mac on September 17, 2014, 06:32:11 PMHey guys, long time.

On August 1st I celebrated 10 years as a non smoker. I think a pack of 25 Cnd cigs go for around $11 now. They were about $6 ot $7 a pack when I quit. I was a pack a day smoker, so I probably saved over $30,000 since I quit. I feel so much better, not to mention all the toys I have bought. :D
It's been a while since I've been to the forums. Found this old post as I near 20 years as a non smoker. Haven't been active with Terragen in some time. Lightwave sort of imploded a few years ago and I loved modeling with it. 

Not sure if there are many active members from the 90's still around here? Back in the day we all hung around Terranuts, Rids old place.  Some of the new renders here look amazing. I have a few oldies on my website but Terragen has come so far, congratulations to Matt.

Dune

Well, that's a surprise. I am not that early a user (started in 2009), but I take the opportunity to welcome you back. TG has come a long way indeed, but unfortunately the forum is as good as dead. No idea why... other software? So, if you care to take on a new challenge.... try the newest TG and post, post, post.

schmeerlap

Hi Darren. I was using Terragen 0.9 in the early noughties (2002-2006). Before that I was world building with Vista Pro, then Bryce. I tried Mojo but couldn't get the hang of it.
I've just had a looksee at your cg images on your website. Going by the high quality renders you were doing on Terr 0.9 you should have no problem using Terragen 4.
Welcome to this forum and have fun Terragening.
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

mac

Thanks guys, I wasn't aware of the forums going cold. Lightwave went through this a few years ago. The software went as far as it could, pretty much all special effects on TV from the 90's through to around 2010-15 were done with Lightwave. Then it all crashed, same with Vue, Mojoworld, Bryce and the likes. 

It was a different era back in Terragens infacncy. There were so many talented artists that I learned from back in the 90's. Of course Terragen was limited compared to the new software. My days of rendering are pretty much over, I stopped by lookin' for old friends but there's pretty much all new faces. 

WAS

I have been struggling bad to quit. And it doesn't help I am surrounded by smokers so it's all I smell, and next thing ai know am about putting out a smoke going "wasn't I not going to smoke!?" It's really rough. While my lungs are relatively clear from lots of cannabis as an expectorant, the function of the muscles and my asthma closing up my airways a bit after every smoke is really taking a toll. I literally feel heavy sometimes like my muscles are low on oxygen. 

I tried a quit program, but after paying for the packet, they just sent me a book to give my "coach" who does their best to keep me from smoking according to their guide... I don't have anyone for that! Lol 🤣 was quite the disappointment..

masonspappy

Interesting thread about the forums going cold, because I came across a Youtube video of Bobby Stahr just a few days ago.  It's about 13 years old, and it seems like a long time since Bobby was active here, but I thought it was kinda cool.   

masonspappy

@ WAS, hang in there. It's tough but it gets better eventually. I smoked for 20 years and only stopped in 1992 b/c my 8 year old daughter subjected me to emotional blackmail.  Once I stopped I never went back. 

Upon Infinity

I myself have taken a 2+ year break from here. I graduated to Unreal Engine and I make games now. Now that I've got a handle on the basics, I thought I'd pop in and see what's going on back here. And, who know, I might get some free time to fire up Terragen again...maybe I'll try some concept art with it or something. Or use it to design landscapes for the games.

Dune

I vaguely remember you ;D  Good that you're back Go for it!

Upon Infinity

The OP of this post, Badger, hasn't been heard from it quite awhile. I feel I owe him a debt of gratitude. He's the one who got me into 3d modelling...with Hexagon of all things. 

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Dune on February 07, 2024, 08:51:19 AMI vaguely remember you ;D  Good that you're back Go for it!
I would hope it would be more than vaguely, Dune(or were you being sarcastic?). I've only been here in one form or another since 0.9.  ;)

Dune

Just joking :D  Sure I remember you.

You know, Badger also made me start modeling. Cool guy.