River Bed WIP

Started by Clay, March 24, 2016, 02:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Clay can you post an example file of your scene. just delete the non important parts or-and the files you don't want to share.
Normally a small "compute terrain" value together with a lean value of 1, 0, 0, should be enough.
With values bigger then 1 you can even over lean the objects.

Clay

Quote from: Kadri on March 31, 2016, 12:21:30 AM

Clay can you post an example file of your scene. just delete the non important parts or-and the files you don't want to share.
Normally a small "compute terrain" value together with a lean value of 1, 0, 0, should be enough.
With values bigger then 1 you can even over lean the objects.
Sure I'll compile the file for ya. Oh wait never mind I guess you can't compile a project with the free version. so here's the main file, its all the free veggie from xfrog etc.

Dune

Here's what I usually do.

Kadri

Your gradient patch size is "208" in the Compute terrain and the node is up in the node chain.
Displacements down under won't be accounted for the population.
Use a much smaller patch size for the compute terrain and put that or a new node before the Planet input and use this compute terrain for the population.
Just be  aware that the appearance of the terrain may change.

Put just 2 or something for the lean value and use zero for the other 2 ones. After that you can play with the settings to your liking.

Clay

Soooo..here's a 1st result of using the compute normal node added. Interesting for sure

Hannes

bobbystahr

Great how one lil ole compute normal can make such a fine change eh?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist