Coming home

Started by Hannes, March 11, 2014, 07:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Yes, get a 64-bit machine! You'll go skyhigh! I mean it, it's worth it.

Hannes

It IS a 64bit machine! The only thing is that it doesn't like more than 3GB RAM  >:(

Kadri

What kind of CPU do you have Hannes?

Zairyn Arsyn

whoa... wow... this is awesome

my hat is off to you Hannes, & my jaw is resting on my desk next to my keyboard.

we dont see that many of these big sci-fi type scenes...

i hope your able to upgrade your ram someday.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Hannes

Me too, Zlain!!! ;D
Kadri, it's an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz.
If I would not need new glasses soon, this would be next on my wishlist! But what sense does a new computer make, if I don't see anything?

Kadri

Hope you get a new machine soon Hannes!

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Nacer Eddine

wow, good job
i suggested to you the software Mandelbulb 3D,  ites free from fractalforums , you can do the same work my be more and with animation.
but really your image is wonderful, but you need a new machine like i7 with minimum 8 GB Ram

Hannes

jo

Nice image Hannes :-)

Zairyn Arsyn

my first TG2 capable machine was a intel Q6600 with 4GB of ram, but i had win xp 32bit for my OS, so it was more like a 3gb machine, until i upgraded to win7.  :)
Quote from: Hannes on March 17, 2014, 04:22:58 PM
Me too, Zlain!!! ;D
Kadri, it's an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core processor 6000+ 3.00 GHz.
If I would not need new glasses soon, this would be next on my wishlist! But what sense does a new computer make, if I don't see anything?

ill upgrade to 32gb one of these days, i think there's only been one time i've seen my ram usage hit 90%
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Dune

I don't undestand why you only have access to 3GB on a 64-bit machine.... are you perhaps still running 32-bits XP? 64-bit XP can access more than 3GB.

Hannes

I don't understand that as well! :(
No Ulco, I'm running 64bit Win7 on my machine, and last year I bought 8GB RAM for my computer (two 4GB modules). Put it in, nothing happened. The computer didn't even start. Brought them back, got four 2GB modules. Put it in, nothing happened. The computer didn't even start. Tried to put in only 4GB. Nothing happened. The computer didn't even start.
Drove back to the shop, killed the guy who said it should work, got arrested, went to prison, broke jail, came home and put in my 3GB again, cried a bit and accepted my situation. Till now.

Dune

Wrong memory then? Checked the mobo specs? Clicked them tight? I had that once, put memory in, but machine saw only part. Realized later that it wasn't fully tightened.

Hannes

Ulco, you encouraged me to try it again, even though I have no idea what mobo specs means. Clicking them tight means checking if they are correctly inserted, right? I did that.
Anyway the survivors of that shop offered me to come early in the morning right after they opened and to bring my computer with me to try it directly in the shop. I think I'll do that.