Front

Started by otakar, July 06, 2007, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

[attachthumb=#1]

rcallicotte

Great clouds and sky.  Clear atmosphere is nice.  The mountains need some fake rocks or Power Fractals.  Grass is perhaps an off-green...I think.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mavcat

The black clouds dont really fit in here,try lighter clouds or try putting a volcano at the source :P The terrain is good,but try putting some textures there instead of these unnatural colors,try some brown colors,they will fit in nice :) Quality is good,just like the sky. But what the hell are the little squares at the bottom right??  ???

old_blaggard

I actually like the color of the grass, and I like the cloud formations, but I agree with the others that the clouds should be lighter and that the mountains would benefit greatly from some more detailed/realistic textures.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

otakar

Quote from: Mavcat on July 06, 2007, 03:24:48 PM
But what the hell are the little squares at the bottom right??  ???

I haven't got a clue. It's a mystery to me. Nothing of such shape in the scene.

rcallicotte

Looks like either fake stones or more likely some tree object of a sort...or similar.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mavcat

Quote from: otakar on July 06, 2007, 04:56:41 PM
Quote from: Mavcat on July 06, 2007, 03:24:48 PM
But what the hell are the little squares at the bottom right??  ???

I haven't got a clue. It's a mystery to me. Nothing of such shape in the scene.

I think its from the clouds,its right next to the shadows of the clouds,but none of the clouds has such a shape... Really weird...

duff

Looks like the blocky bits are due to the acceleration cache issue.
You can turn it off in the cloud tabs and that should remove it.

otakar

Quote from: duff on July 07, 2007, 04:54:52 AM
Looks like the blocky bits are due to the acceleration cache issue.
You can turn it off in the cloud tabs and that should remove it.

Thanks, let me try that! What's that going to do to the render time?

Many thanks for all of your comments, by the way.

old_blaggard

Turning off acceleration cache will significantly increase the time.  Frankly I'm not sure that turning it off will help, but you can give it a try.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.