The Guardians (with tgc)

Started by Zairyn Arsyn, March 13, 2014, 01:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

QuoteHR Geiger influenced me when i was younger, around when 18-20yrs old, but i grew out of him after high school
Yeah, meto. I was thinking about the next part of prometheus movie and thought to look and see if HR had done anything new. Thats when I found that funny quote. And as it turns out, HR has not done crap since I was in high school.
Sorry for the late post, I just saw yours.

I like the crop.
It has been eaten.

zaxxon

I admire and am curious how your foray into the 'formal' art scene will fare. Often when rubbing shoulders at Art Openings with 'Academic' folks, they express a sense of confused condescension (certainly not all) towards work created with computer/software tools. Sort of like the mid 1800's when photography emerged as first a journalistic tool and only received 'art' status after decades of wonderful work. The question of  what is from the artist and what is from the technology. Curious as to what sort of feedback you've gotten? Nobody can question the skill and artistic talent exhibited by the folks at  ILM, Pixar, Weta, etc., yet I still sense that the concept of "one artist, one computer" paradigm has yet to be embraced by the Gallery cognoscenti. Sorry to go on, but it has been a keen topic in my experience. I truly like the image. It's compositionally simple, but strong with light and energy, a sense of vision transcending the earthly. I would hope that the judges recognize what a fine piece of Art you have presented, good luck!

inkydigit

Lane you rock!!  8)
this has been great!
and what a lovely clip too!!
cheers
J
:))