Limited shortcut for previous and next frame.

Started by Kadri, March 01, 2014, 12:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

When i played some more with animations i found that to get the left and right arrow keys to work
for the next and previous frame i had to click to the keyframe bar
or in some precise places in the Animation Panel.
This was a limiting work style for animation.
I looked at other places in the Gui and except the 3D Preview windows i could not find a place that used the arrow keys.
I would prefer that they work anywhere for frame number changes where possible.

And is there a key to jump to the next and previous keyframe ?

I looked at the preferences but could not see anything about the above things but i might have overlooked them too of course.

Edit(copy paste from another thread from my own post) :

Actually i might ask for a little addition in the keyframe icon place (or close to it) for an "go to next-previous keyframe" in the animation features of every node.
That would be handy for me. But i don't know how others use that kind of workflow.
And Matt or Jo might not like that idea at all probably :) It looks hard to do even from where i look at it.
Hopefully it isn't so hard as i think or it is somewhere somebody could show me.

jo

Hi Kadri,

Sorry for not replying sooner, in fact I thought I had already!

One important place where arrow keys are used is in edit fields. This isn't part of TG's key customisation because it's default OS behaviour. That's the reason that you can't really use the arrow keys as shortcuts just anywhere. You can use them in specific places, like the parts of the animation panel.

I do take your point that it would be valuable to have some way to jump between keyframes, and I know others have requested it. It's pretty a common thing to be able to do after all! Adding it to the animation buttons is one thing we can look at doing.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming in spite of my slow response.

Regards,

Jo

Kadri

As i work these days all in the animation side those additions would be very nice.
Thanks for the reply, Jo!