My latest 2

Started by ozijon, July 09, 2007, 02:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozijon

My latest 2

mrwho

Quite impressive! The first is pretty realistic, esp the foreground, but the mountain trees "break" really suddenly, and the scale of the  background trees also seems a little bit off, but other than that it's great. I like the Pov in the second image, and the moon is great

Mavcat

I agree with mrwho about the first one,pretty nice and realistic ;D What i see in the second picture is an planet in the time of dinosaurs,a pretty new planet growing (bad english ><) Its a very good render,although the background is a bit grainy

ProjectX

The contrast and gamma are a bit strong on both images, if anything, change these afterwords in pp. I love the first image, because the foreground is so realistic, you can't see much of the foreground in the second because most of it is obscured by pitch-black shadows.

Chimpola

They're both good but I liked the second image especially - the light has a 50s sci fi feel about it. Nice one,
J

rcallicotte

Beautiful.  I like the first for its realism and the second for giving a "beginning of a James Bond in Paradise" look.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

old_blaggard

Nice job.  I like the first one a lot - I agree that the scale looks a little off for the background trees, but if that could be fixed I would love to see this at a higher quality.  The first one also has great composition and colors in my opinion.  The second one is nice as well, but I don't quite feel like the colors work as well.  Maybe if it was rendered at a larger size and higher quality it would help and get rid of some of the noise.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

l.a. akira

At a glance, the first one looks good. The only big problem I can see is it seems that the scale of the trees on the mountain are much too large.

Harvey Birdman

I think they both look fine, and I don't see any scaling issue with the trees. There are plenty of little outcrops and peaks around these parts that look a lot like that.

sonshine777

I agree with Harvey about the tree scale in the first image, I have seen peaks just like this one also.

Very nice work. :)

otakar

#1 is stunning, reminds me of an early fall scene in the Rockies. Any postprocessing? What was the approx. render time?

ozijon

Thanks for all your comments.The first pic is like a view here in Austria as you head into the alps with smaller mountains in the foreground with the peaks behind  and it took around 18 hours on a 800x600 render. And the second one is of a new planet system i'm working on but i'm having problems with the water at the moment its meant  to be water in the background it took around 22 hours to render also at 800x600  so yes anyway once again thank you for your comments
                                  keep on TG2ing  John

Dry lake

old_blaggard

Nice job incorporating the models :).
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.