MakeHuman 1.0

Started by rcallicotte, March 21, 2014, 04:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcallicotte

And then there was this - http://www.makehuman.org/ this week.

What a week!!
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

TheBadger

Just downloaded this. Lets have a look!

Thanks again
It has been eaten.

AP

It is very good. All it is missing that I need a lot is more facial customization and posing.

rcallicotte

I've heard there are some poses and some facial setups. But, I think there are YouTube videos on what works and how. I'm impressed, since I've been following and didn't expect such a great output in version 1.0. This could prove very useful, I think - in QUADS!  :)
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

TheBadger

Quotein QUADS!  :)

Yeah I looked for that right away too. did you guys look through the gallery? There is some nice stuff. I know its the user that counts, but talented or not, You cant  make good work with software that wont let you. So its a good sign to see some impressive images.

Then the question is how easy to use is it and how efficient the methods tools and workflow... UI looks clean and logical from the screen caps.

Looks like a suitable alternative to DAZ (which is nice but has problems of its own). Definitely not a stand alone if it lacks rigging or other important stuff. But for building detailed base models?

The sharing section/ future store (?) is pretty empty yet. Prob be a year or more before it fills up with useful stuff? Guess it depends on how popular it becomes. Sure can't spend less than 0 though  ;)

It has been eaten.

AP

Quote from: rcallicotte on March 21, 2014, 10:36:57 PM
I've heard there are some poses and some facial setups. But, I think there are YouTube videos on what works and how. I'm impressed, since I've been following and didn't expect such a great output in version 1.0. This could prove very useful, I think - in QUADS!  :)

Some pre-made poses but one can not create custom poses, not yet. I want to be able to use a face photograph and have a feature that examines the photo and tries to recreate it in 3d form.

j meyer

This is my post from the 3dpeople thread:

Have you seen this?
http://www.makehuman.org/
Standalone now,win,osx,linux.
Funny,might be useful to get human base meshes on the fly.
The obj exporter doesn't work properly with normals checked,
gives lot of missing polys then,so better leave that unchecked
and add normals in your modeling app.
There is another standalone app to make your own morph targets,
but I haven't tested that.

Fits better here most likely

TheBadger

QuoteThere is another standalone app to make your own morph targets,
but I haven't tested that.

Which one? By the same developers, or a plugin or something?

Just tested so far J, or do you have a project going that you used MH1.0 in a nice way?
It has been eaten.

j meyer

It's called Make target and is the last item on their download page.

Just tested out of curiosity wanted to know the quality of the all quad meshes.
And see if they could be used in TG.No project so far.