Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Dune

Some other railway experiments.

j meyer

Are the displ objects used for the road and monorail bend by warp shader
or by redirect shader?

Dune

Redirect, displacement and vector displacement, warp doesn't work.

j meyer

Aah,then it wasn't me being too stupid.
Thanks for confirming.

choronr

The railway looks very good.

Lady of the Lake

The rail road tracks are awesome!

Dune

Another WIP version of the monorail. I added some turbines and wheels to the car to roll on.

I only forgot a door for the driver  :(

choronr

That is very nice; and, I like the road which paves a vision of where the monorail is going.

DannyG

Damn, this is quite the thread, ground breaking stuff Ulco
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

Ulco confess! You're an android who doesn't need sleep or food or anything else.  ;D
How do you do that? Sometimes you have multiple threads at once!

Anyway great experiments here!

Dune

I confess partly, Hannes; I'm the guy standing on the platform, enjoying life and traveling into unknown territories by private monorail (while I have the time between jobs)  ;) I do need good food and plenty of sleep though.

Kadri

Looks great Ulco.
A shinny summer day lighting would be nice too maybe...

Hannes

Wow, looks great, Ulco!
I'm not quite sure about the bottom part of the poles. Do they look like that usually?
And the ropes go directly into the wood (is it wood?). Maybe you could add some clamps or anything else to attach them to the poles?

Dune

I don't know how these poles would have looked, should look or could look, I just put something together. Just this morning I was thinking about more ' Art Nouveau' like structures, so I might have another go. This is concrete with metal poles. I can do much more to the car as well, get all kinds of details in, make it more convincing, but where to stop? It's something private, so there's no need really... just playing about, exploring skills.
I'm also considering a canyon with the rail hanging onto a wall......