Lighting for bright sun/shadows suggestions?

Started by yesmine, March 27, 2014, 01:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregtee

At the end of the day the workflow that works best for you is the one you should use.  I can only be advocate for what works for me obviously, and that might not be what works for someone else.  My main point was to address what seemed to be an impression I was getting that somehow not doing everything "all in the render" was somehow cheating.  Perhaps I totally misgauged that, it's just something I run across a lot and it's one of my little pet peeves.  Apologies to anyone if it sounded like I was dictating. 

Supervisor, Computer Graphics
D I G I T A L  D O M A I N

Kadri

Bobby as Greg said using that kind of workflow is very flexible and much faster.
Layers are very powerful.
But most users would get many benefits from using EXR output and playing with that file itself alone already.
That option was in the old versions and is still be in the other versions too now if i am not wrong...

TheBadger

I gave up a long time ago on trying to make a "perfect" render. Now I don't even take time to try something in TG if I know I can do it in post faster. The exception for me is object import. I would I think almost always prefer that the objects be rendered than comped, in animation this is really important to me. But I know we are just talking about more basic stuff here.
It has been eaten.