Bounding box problem

Started by Kadri, April 01, 2014, 11:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

*Open 3 or more  "Simple shape shader"'s.
*Adjust the 3D preview so that you can see the bounding box of all of them.
*Select them by right clicking on the 3D preview window one by one.

Not all of those shaders bounding boxes changes to yellow.

This frustrated me today because the center was away from the 3D Preview window
and i used only the yellow bounding boxes to choose them.

Not sure if this is anything graphics card OS etc. or Terragen related.

Searched here but could not find something like this.

Terragen v3.1(3.1.02.0), Windows 8.1 64 bit.

jo

Hi Kadri,

Do you mean you were selecting them using the "Select object or shader" menu in the 3D Preview context menu?

Regards,

Jo

Kadri

That problem happens to me when they are on the exact same place Jo.
Just a little change in the place of the nodes and the yellow bounding box appears again.
I will update my graphics driver tomorrow hopefully.
Will see if it changes.

jo

Hi Kadri,

If they're all in the same place then what's probably happening is that one of the unselected bounding boxes is drawing on top of the selected one. This means the white bounding box is drawing on top of the yellow bounding box. This is something I'm aware of. Updating your graphics driver won't help with this. Thanks for reporting the problem, I'll look into improving things for the next release.

Regards,

Jo

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

jaf

How about adding that little "lock on" checkbox so the transform arrows stay locked to the object/shader?  Wouldn't fix the white overlaying the yellow, but at least you could still move it.  I know you're probably tired of seeing this. ;D
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

jo

Hi Jaf,

Quote from: jaf on April 01, 2014, 07:22:49 PM
How about adding that little "lock on" checkbox so the transform arrows stay locked to the object/shader?  Wouldn't fix the white overlaying the yellow, but at least you could still move it.  I know you're probably tired of seeing this. ;D

You can still move it. If you have three simple shape shaders in the same location and select one using the context menu then you can move it using the handles even though the bounding box isn't showing as yellow. Simply click and drag on the handles.

Regards,

Jo

jaf

I was referring more to where several objects are close to each other and you select it with the right click then click on one of the arrows to drag but it switches to a different object.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02