The Greatest Science Comedies in Film history (poll)

Started by TheBadger, April 12, 2014, 05:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

OK OK, Because I know we all secretly base our lives on jokes we heard as kids, here is a list of must watch comedies with a hilarious scientific twist.

My top list
1)Weird Science (I cant program, but I have daz and can use poser models  ;D)
2) Real Genius
3) Revenge of the nerds (parts 1 and 2)
4) Young frankenstein (especially the part where they sing Putting on the Ritz)
5) my science project

If you have not seen these movies in a long time, go rent them!
It has been eaten.

AP

This is a hard decision to make because each film has it's own unique types of comedy.

jaf

(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Zairyn Arsyn

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

AP

We put our faith in Blast Hard Cheese, Crud Bonemeal, Bob Johnson... no wait!    ;D

jo

Is Real Genius the one with the popcorn at the end? My favourite bit of Young Frankenstein is the horse neighing whenever the name of Cloris Leachman's character is mentioned :-). I haven't seen My Science Project.

Regards,

Jo

yossam

TheBadger

QuoteIs Real Genius the one with the popcorn at the end?
Yeah thats the one. lol. I forgot about that part.  ;D

Man the 80s were funny. There are just a ton of cheese ball movies that really make me laugh. I watched the first part of Weird Science last night. THe clothes were really fun to see. And there was this part where the story was taking place in a shopping mall. It was funny to see people wlaking around in the mall while smoking  :o. I remember that when I was in JR high, people could still smoke pretty much where ever they wanted.
From what I can tell, the 80s were the end of everything good... As goofy as the 80s were.

Of course the top list I put has more to do with how I remember those movies relative to my own sense of humor rather than if they were "great" works of film. But I would still say they were pretty great movies.

Also would like to remind of the following"
Lost boys
Porky's
ferris bueller
nightmare on elm street films
Caddyshack...

There are too many to name.
Go through this list and see how many movies you remember. http://www.fast-rewind.com/Browse.htm
I wish there was a cable channel that only played movies from the list in the link... in HD and remastered.  :)
It has been eaten.

mr-miley

Young Frankenstein made me laugh lots... Whenever Putting on the Ritz is on the radio or is used on the TV etc, I always sing (?) the monster version when it comes to "Putting on the ritz" much to my wifes annoyance, can't help it.
Did you know that the Lab set is from the original James Whale 1931 Frankenstein film. They found it in storage on the Universal Lot somewhere I believe. It's very very good, but my favorite Mel Brooks film has to be Blazing Saddles... watching that makes me laugh till I cry  ;D
I love the smell of caffine in the morning

TheBadger

QuoteYoung Frankenstein made me laugh lots... Whenever Putting on the Ritz is on the radio or is used on the TV etc, I always sing (?) the monster version

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It has been eaten.

fleetwood

Young Frankenstein - one of my all time faves. Gene Wilder and Marty Feldman managed to make even the corny stuff work.

N810

Also worth mentioning:

"Young Einstein"  :o

Staring Yahoo Serious.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096486/
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

TheBadger

;D ;D For the last two posts!

Remember this one
[attach=1]

One of the best parts seen here : (warning, the humor could be a little offensive to some, but it was meant to be though)

;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3745NRxpo  ;D

I really loved Dom Deluise. He always made me laugh.
It has been eaten.

mr-miley

Love History of the world. I particularly like the French Revolution section... Oh, and Jews In Space! Brooks is a comedy genius!  ;D

mr-miley

If we're quoting Youtube bits of Mels films, may I suggest this (some choice language and racist remarks for those who are easily offended. If you've never seen Blazing Saddles, it's not a racist film, but racism is a central theme (thought I'd better say that before I start getting the hate posts  ;D ))
Makes me laugh till I cry
;D