mountains

Started by ThinkPink, July 12, 2007, 02:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThinkPink

a new one ..... critics & comments are welcome

rcallicotte

Nice clouds.  The suspension of belief stops for me from the bottom of the closest valley moving back.  Otherwise, the mountain view is believable.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

moodflow

Very nice.  I am working on a similar image!

How did you pull off the foreground grass/weeds?  Are these populations of objects, or did you manipulate the ground for a grass effect?  Either way, this has some potential.
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

ThinkPink

@moodflow: There is no grass population in the picture. The effect is made with layers. The strukture is as follows:
Base colours (standard)
Grass (dark green)   Coverage: 1        (Fractal breakup: standard)  (alt./slope constr. as you like)
     - Grass (light green)   Coverage:  0.3125    (Fractal breakup: standard)
     - Flowers (yellow)      Coverage:  0.2         (Fractal breakup: (func.) 1.975)
     - Flowers (pink)         Coverage:  0.13125   (Fractal breakup: (func.) 0.8125)
     - Flowers (white)       Coverage:  0.13125   (Fractal breakup: (func.) 0.5)

That's all .... And then, after rendering, a little bit photoshop (contrast, sharpening)

sjefen

Cool. I realy like the point of view, but I think the trees are a little to big to be in this height. They usually get smaller the higher up in the mountains they grow.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Lucio

I agree with sjefen, the trees seems a bit overscaled. However, great work!

Mavcat

Very nice! I like your cirrus cloud,anything special about them?

ThinkPink

@sjefen & lucio: Yes, you're right with the trees. looks like cypresses in tuscany  :)

@mavcat: nothing special with the cirrus. The values are:

cloud altid.: 10600
Cloud depth:  10
Edge sharp.:   0.02
Cloud density:  1

The density shader is set to standard  (seed: 14260)