Forest

Started by Dune, March 03, 2014, 10:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxxon

A lovely, lovely image. The foliage is very complex, yet harmonious, and works so well with the mist-subdued palette. Beautiful!

archonforest

It just gettin' and gettin' better! :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

choronr

Both, the second and the third are very good. the lighting on both are beautifully enhancing.

Dune

Yeah, indexed, I just thought to try a png this time. No other reason. But it is an idea to do if you don't want theft, have to  keep that in mind. You don't really see it, do you?

N-drju

PNG is theft resistant? In what way? ???
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Kadri

I thought about that more Ulco.
The problem is probably if there isn't any difference it won't be much a help too .
You use Lightwave too.I read that years ago 256 color images were used in production too.
Especially memory wise.
From a distance and depending on the image it is hard to see.
I only saw it when i wanted to try some editing for fun on it :)

@N-drju : It was about that his image is an indexed one.It does have only 256 colors.
                Not a PNG specific thing only.

Dune

You're both right, it isn't theft proof of course, (it won't dissolve after a few days, though that would be fun) but maybe a little less interesting to print and sell maybe. I don't care really, my large files won't end up on the web anyway.

dorianvan

Fantastic forest! Love the lighting and detail work you did.
-Dorian

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Dune on March 05, 2014, 05:44:28 AM
You're both right, it isn't theft proof of course, (it won't dissolve after a few days, though that would be fun) but maybe a little less interesting to print and sell maybe. I don't care really, my large files won't end up on the web anyway.

Nice image, Ulco.  At least now I know I'm not the only one who's paranoid.   ;)

Dune

A few updated images. The wood needed some fall colors.

choronr

I like the test 2. Reminds me of the early days as a young kid hiking in our forest preserves outside of Chicago. Nice vegetative variation and fog.

Kadri

I like the second one more too.
On one of my monitors it is a little darker (looks better there to me).
Maybe it's me but i think with a little more contrast and-or different gamma it might look better.

archonforest

I go with the 1st one. Like that sunshine around :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

Lovely atmosphere in both of those Ulco.

- Oshyan