Camera to Object Mismatch After 1st Frame

Started by dorianvan, April 16, 2014, 11:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorianvan

I need some animation advice. I'm exporting (from 3dmax) an arrow flying through a forest (obj) and a camera (fbx) that is orbiting that arrow, and I create chan file for both (using TG2 Maxscript). I then open TG3 and import the obj and the FBX camera, then attach the chan files. Next, I go to first frame and all looks good. However, beginning with the second frame onward, something weird happens; the camera and the object starts separating from the view. I tried FBX camera without chan and it was worse. Am I missing something on import? How do I get the camera and object animation to be the same? (both programs are in meters)
-Dorian

dorianvan

I don't know how, but re-doing those step got the arrow to work in the viewport. But for some reason, the camera is rendering a different location than what's in the viewport (like about .2m away). Maybe there's a problem with smaller sized imported objects, but this arrow is a normal sized arrow (tip is .03m), cam is just close up. Here's the file if anybody can look.
-Dorian

Kadri

Haven't looked at your file but just lately there were 1-2 threads
about problems with the "Motion blur length" settings in the "Render Camera" node.
Try setting it to zero  there and see if it helps.

dorianvan

Yeah, just noticed that right here: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,17773.0.html Looks like it was the same issue. When I changed blur to 0, it worked. Thanks Kadri!
-Dorian