GeoControl is now World Creator

Started by AP, April 18, 2014, 10:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Their forum is up, but completely empty at the time of this post.

Can someone tell me what this means for my CG2 license? Something tells me I just got screwed. I had absolutely no warning about this. Did any of you?

WTF
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

AP

Quote from: TheBadger on April 18, 2014, 11:09:21 PM
Their forum is up, but completely empty at the time of this post.

Can someone tell me what this means for my CG2 license? Something tells me I just got screwed. I had absolutely no warning about this. Did any of you?

WTF

I have no idea but you can make a post there and hopefully Cajomi can answer but that has been hard because it is a long time when he answers posts. I had no idea about this major change either. I see no upgrade information, that is for certain.

zaxxon

Be nice if these folks mean to keep developing the app, otherwise when was it last updated? Hopefully not a 'Daz' like acquisition (Hexagon), I do like this app!

AP

It is also very vague as to what else is going on besides the new partnership, some new features and the new website. There are a lot of questions though, understandably. I hope perhaps that people start to post over there at the new website and this time that there is more frequent reply's rather then long gaps of reply's. I for one am very curious to see what is down the road for this software.

TheBadger

is it a partnership? Or did GC sell?
It has been eaten.

AP

To me it appears to be a joint venture.

Oshyan

Interesting, by far the most expensive of the dedicated terrain modelers (i.e. no renderer, atmospherics, instancing, etc. - only for terrain creation and editing).

- Oshyan

TheBadger

What in the hell is this saying?
QuoteGet a Licence for Commercial Use

The commercial use of maps or files generated by WorldCreator (directly or indirectly) requires a commercial license for the product that is using those maps or files. The commercial license is free for indie developers or for companies with a turnover less €50.000 at time of shipping.

After purchasing a commercial license for your product you will receive a license document via email. This document grants you the unlimited use of maps and files generated by WorldCreator for your product. Pricing depends on your turnover and is capped at €2.499. Below you will find the pricing overview with respect of your turnover.

Company Turnover        Price
€50.000 - €250.000         €299,-
€250.000 - €1.000.000         €499,-
€1.000.000 - €10.000.000      €1.299,-
more than €10.000.000      €2.499,-
It has been eaten.

TheBadger

I posted on their forum. Curious what they will say.
It has been eaten.

AP

Quote from: Oshyan on April 20, 2014, 03:02:12 AM
Interesting, by far the most expensive of the dedicated terrain modelers (i.e. no renderer, atmospherics, instancing, etc. - only for terrain creation and editing).

- Oshyan

Something I can never afford as much as I would like to use it for my hobby.

zaxxon

Hey TheBadger are you the 'SandHill' poster on the Cloddy forum?  Looks like a 30% discount off the new pricing is what your old license gets you...  So the 'Standard' is 199 euro and the "Professional" is 899 euro. 'Standard is limited to map size of 4096, and lacks the "Sediment System Full" (?). The 'Pro' version has an "interactive 3D viewer" that might be very cool given these guys produce middleware for real time games, but not at 899 euros. Nothing that I saw on the Cloddy site knocked my socks off, however it looks like the final releases are still forthcoming, so who knows? The developer is promising a complete code re-write, probably to facilitate the real time SDK, so this does bear some future watching. So for now World Machine will still be my option.

TheBadger

clearer now
It has been eaten.