bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Hannes

Next WIP iteration. (Still in underwear... ;))

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Nacer Eddine

its will be very interesting if you do the rigging with biped, after that the caracter will be ready for animation
example :

Hannes

That's exactly what I did.

Nacer Eddine

wow, perfect. but i think after that terragen scene will be used only as background in 3ds max

TheBadger

This is some great stuff your doing Hannes.  8)

I never thought to make a model of my self! What a fun idea. although I don't like how I look in photos (see my avatar).
A 3d of me would probably make me self conscious. And then I would just end up having an affair with a slutty Daz3d girl.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

;D ;D ;D
Well, it's actually not myself as a 3d model. This guy is way better in shape than I unfortunately am :'(. I just used an image of myself because it fitted perfectly to the shape of the model's head. So I don't think, it's a narcissistic personality disorder ;)

Hannes

I have built the characters completely new from scratch (not finished yet) and have run a new cloth simulation, which is way more accurate and the belts fit better.
Still a lot of work to do, mainly texture work. The chainmail texture is quite distorted on the coifs, and as you can see on the attached image the texture of the back part of the tunic is black at the upper end.

Dune

I envy you for your modeling skills! Superb.

Hannes

Thank you, Ulco. Since I used a premade nude male mesh, there wasn't much fancy modelling needed. The most challenging activity was to not throw the computer out of the window when the cloth simulation was going wild ;)!

Hannes

A little update. I adjusted the coif's chainmail texture, fixed the tunic texture at the back and added some bump on the metal parts of the scabbard.

yossam

I'm impressed.................. :)