The Clash

Started by otakar, May 09, 2014, 06:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

otakar

Many thanks to Hannes for the magnificent knights! I immediately knew I had to throw a scene together right away. This also features DandelO's trees and one of Mark Gebhart's models. Also some of Mr Lamppost's bushes. And of course Dune's procedural grass.

I know I will need to come back and use the other knights in another project. Fun stuff for sure!

TGIF!

masonspappy

Dune

This is nice. How about adding some stone structures beyond the bush, ruins or castle or some pillars, like this is part of an inhabited area?

otakar

Thanks! Dune, absolutely right, there should be more signs of human development/cultivation, but I just shied away from adding more objects and thereby adding setup time. Not everyone can whip up complex scenes in a day like you, LOL! Maybe I can return to this later, still want to render the other knights for sure.

TheBadger

Fascinating historical time period. Cool image too. But I am glad that I did not live in those days!
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Hey, great! Glad you like the guys. A suggestion if you're planning to create a population: during my tests with populating the knights I found that if you place some hero knights as single objects in the foreground it may look better, since in a population some knights may be fighting against nothing. I know you can edit single instances of a pop, but it may be very difficult in this case to edit both the knights and the tunics, so that they are exactly at the same place.
Something else: depending on the lighting the chainmail may be a bit too shiny (my fault!), so feel free to edit it, if you like.

Dune

Quotein a population some knights may be fighting against nothing
;D

They're practising.... or fighting their psychological problems.