Desert Wall

Started by Inscrutable, July 21, 2007, 04:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inscrutable

Here's another one of my images (just rendered overnight).  Started out as an experiment in texturing and colouration of rock (I hadn't managed to get a red-coloured rock to look right previously) and also a test of applying a twist and shear shader to an alpine landscape.

I'm quite happy with the outcome, especially the entirely accidental appearance of the sand in the foreground which has somehow come out looking good.  The centre foreground, just in front of the rocks, does look like the sand has been blown into that form by the wind.  As I said I can't really take credit for that as it was accidental but I like it all the same  :)

Anyway, as always, I'd be most grateful for any comments from the community.

Thanks,

Inscrutable

Mavcat

Kinda reminds me of the game Jak 3,the beginning of the game :D A huge desert landscape with the same structures as you have. Very nice work

old_blaggard

Yeah, I really like what you did with the sand.  Keep it up!
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

rcallicotte

Whoa. This is what I've been hoping to see.  The sand looks real and distinct from the hard stones.  Great job.  Good overall picture, too.  Nice sky and planet.  Good lighting.  Like the color choice, too.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

moodflow

I agree.  That really does look like sand...as if you could stick your hand in it and grab some.   And those rocks look pretty scraggly and hard.

Nice work! 
http://www.moodflow.com
mood-inspiring images and music

Volker Harun

BPauba

Was the terrain created in Terragen2 or was it a 3rd party creation?

Inscrutable

Thanks for all of your positive comments, guys, I really appreciate the feedback.

BPauba, yes all of the terrain was created in TG2.  It's just an alpine fractal landscape with a twist and shear shader applied. The detail on the stones was obtained by using a modified version of cbalaskas' "Cracked Face" setup.

Inscrutable