hi Terragen people!

Started by kalwalt, June 18, 2014, 10:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

Hi to everybody in this forum! My name is Walter i'm quite news to the Terragen forums, even if you saw some my posts. I'm a visual artist, i attented the Academy of fine arts of Bologna (Italy) in painting and after i did the specialization in sculpture, i did also computer graphics, interactivity installationa and i like 3d modelling and terrain visualization. I like also programming in different languages (C#,C,C++, javascript...) becuause i'm super fan of video game and interactivity ( but i'don't like many videogames!), i start to use the ogre engine and the Openframeworks project www.openframeworks.cc. I hope to became an expert in Terragen renderings and to make very interesting picture with it. My idea also is to create my sculpture and scannerize them and put them in some scene created with Terragen. If you want you can visit my web page www.walterperdan.it to see some my works. As a final note: i worked in the summer for 11 years in a refuge in Julians Alps ( friuli, Italy ), it was and it is a wonderful place but was too difficult to obtain the sufficient money to live. I love the mountains and to make some trekkings, i climb a lot in the past (now not so much), but the alpine experience is ever full of emotions.
I think that also many people inside this forum love the nature and to stay in it, even if they stay a lot in front at computer!! So i want to thank's to all of you because i notice a nice place here, where to show and to discuss. If you have questions please, don't exitate!

Walter

p.s.: i'm crazy also for the bonsai!

sorry for some grammatical errors...
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

archonforest

Nice to meet you and Welcome on the Best forum on the net!
I tried to see your site but seems to have some problems there. I could not enter... ???
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kalwalt

Maybe you can't push the button in the intro, yes i know the problem... i will change that script. go here: www.kalwaltart.it/home then you can choose the language (english or italian...)  :D
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

Welcome Walter!! It's nice that you introduced yourself. Hope to see a lot of your images (and maybe some of your other pieces of art?!).
Btw, isn't Walter an unusual name for an Italian? ;)

kalwalt

QuoteWelcome Walter!! It's nice that you introduced yourself. Hope to see a lot of your images (and maybe some of your other pieces of art?!).
thank you @Hannes! yes i hope to do a lot of art and to post here in the forum... ;) :)
QuoteBtw, isn't Walter an unusual name for an Italian? ;)
i come from Trieste, a mitelleurope city in the northest of Italy, it has a long austrian tradition, and another reason for my name is that my grandfather name was Gualtiero that in german language is Walter... but strangest thing i speak very few words of German, very difficult to learn...
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

matrix2003

Hi Walt! I am Bill Reid, and I met you on Google+ and commented on your image: Hut into the wild.
No one here cares about grammatical errors... and I share your love for computers, nature, and I am just learning about bonsai!
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

TheBadger

QuoteNo one here cares about grammatical errors

And thank goodness too!  ;D
It has been eaten.

Dune

You'll find this a very pleasant community, Walter. Any questions; shoot.

kalwalt

Quote from: matrix2003 on June 18, 2014, 09:54:50 PM
Hi Walt! I am Bill Reid, and I met you on Google+ and commented on your image: Hut into the wild.
No one here cares about grammatical errors... and I share your love for computers, nature, and I am just learning about bonsai!
thank you Bill! yes, we are on Google+ too, happy that we share the same interests. I will post on google+ some photos of my bonnsai... :)

Quote from: TheBadger on June 18, 2014, 10:10:11 PM
QuoteNo one here cares about grammatical errors

And thank goodness too!  ;D

We are very lucky! i did a training in France and we speak 4 languages was very funny!

Quote from: Dune on June 19, 2014, 03:21:16 AM
You'll find this a very pleasant community, Walter. Any questions; shoot.

that's true, a very good place! and yes, i have many questions and idea...  :)  ::)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat