Painted shader render problem

Started by TerraCr8tor, May 12, 2014, 04:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerraCr8tor

Hello Terragenists,

Can some one help me, since some time I have a problem renderering a terrain with more then one painted shader, when I have a population of trees and using the painted shader,
when I start to render, my Pc crashes and give a error (see jpeg file).

When I render without selecting ( placing the "v"in the box) the painted shader  the rendering take place.

I haven't had this problem earlier
i have made render with 3 or 4 painted shaders and never had a problem can someone help me, I have included the tgd file and the error message

TerraCr8tor

Think I have solved the problem by using the distribution shader.

Oshyan

Glad to hear you resolved it. I downloaded the TGD just now and tried to check the problem but since I don't have the terrain or any other files, it is not reproducing your scene at all.

- Oshyan

Dune

While you have that file, try to CTRL+X or CTRL+C the painted shader out of the tree pop, Oshyan, and try to paste it in the overall node view in the newest alpha. I couldn't and reported it at the alpha forum.

Oshyan

It's a huge, huge Painted Shader though. It could well be overloading your Clipboard for one thing. I didn't see your post on the alpha forum, so not sure if it's giving an error or crashing for you or anything...

- Oshyan

Dune

I wrote an answer under where the new files are. But it didn't do anything, it's just that I can't 'copy it out to another place'.

Oshyan

This is an alpha-specific issue, separate from the Painted Shader problem reported here.

- Oshyan