Lakes in the north

Started by kalwalt, May 30, 2014, 11:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

I did a new rendering from another point of view, i improved the shader for the rock, now is brighter and it seems more realistic. Also i changed a bit the clouds: now they are lighter (maybe too much, i feel like i have exagerrated....). About the flatness of the top of the mounts, i have addeed some parts that breaks this flatness look in the WM picture. Next step add some vegetations....
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

... a new fast rough rendering with the new terrain! i think it's better! :D
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

archonforest

This is seriously coming from a fantasy story :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kalwalt

Yes, something like that! ;)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

In this new rendering i used a cloud clip from the resource in the forum (Clouds_Stonngae.tgc), i'm quite satisfied with it, but i'm experiencing some artifacts with a model that i created, It has a color map and specular map, but not sure that i appllied corrrrectly in the render node. the model was created with 3dcoat. I also created the bump map, but terragen crash when i applied to it. I will open another topic for this, because i didn't found any advice looking in this forum ( i mean topic regarding the best process to export from 3dcoat to Terragen for the bump map). 
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

...and the clouds seems too sharp to me how to improve them? my rendering setup:
detail: 0.548
antialias: 7
gi cache detail: 2.66
Gi sample quality: 2.36
Gi blur radius: 8.45

which setting i need to change to improve the quality?
Thank's :)

image dim: 1440 x 1080 pixels
rendering time: 4.40 hours
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

bobbystahr

You seem to be having problems with what I recognize, as an alpha map problem on your model. What shaders did you put where on the model (which channels have which maps?) Maybe we can help you sort this. As you made the model maybe post it here as you have it shaded and we can have a look see.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

kalwalt

Thank you @bobbystahr for the answer, i will post tomorrow all the infos and the model in another topic... now it's too late here, time to sleep  :) ;)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

TheBadger

I liked this one "lakes in the north01_03-combined-f-rend.jpeg"
It has been eaten.

kalwalt

Thank you @The Badger! to @bobbystahr i opened another topic for the issue above see here: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,18439.msg179160.html#msg179160
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

i changed the athmosphere and cloud settings in a more scifi manner ( i think), also the artifacts on the mesh are solved. ( thank's to @bobbystahr!) Next steps i will improve the model. :)

[attach=1]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

bobbystahr

That new atmo has a nice effect on the terrain as well
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

kalwalt

Yes, i agree with you, i have to improve my knowledge on that part (cloud and atmo) i think the clouds looks yet s bit sharpy. But maybe because i rendered with 1440 x 1080 pixels? increasing it also increase the quality of the clouds?
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

bobbystahr

Quote from: kalwalt on June 06, 2014, 10:46:38 AM
Yes, i agree with you, i have to improve my knowledge on that part (cloud and atmo) i think the clouds looks yet s bit sharpy. But maybe because i rendered with 1440 x 1080 pixels? increasing it also increase the quality of the clouds?

Check out some of the cloud .tgc's in File Sharing...lots of inspiration there
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New