More control over instances for DataVis work

Started by mathieubr, June 01, 2014, 06:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mathieubr

Hi!

I am working on several data visualisation projects, and would like to know if there is a way to get more control on object instances placement (other than images maps) like with xml files or other kind of lists of coordinates, in order to place accurately every instance of an object. And also trying to control objects parameters the same way.
I know people with good coding knowledge so if the solutions need some code, I am totally open.

Thank you.

N-drju

Frankly, what you mention (greyscale image maps) is the best way to place instances accurately. :D I never heard about the possibility of coding the object placement in Terragen though... But maybe you can do this.

Why don't you try painted shader as a blender for the population? This way you can accurately place objects depending on what you need. With PS you can force trees or grasses to, for example, follow the road without venturing too near it.

Oshyan

There is no officially supported way of doing this at present. We do hope to support vector or point cloud formats in the future for such purposes however.

- Oshyan