To grant licenses for meltdown proof Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors

Started by AP, June 02, 2014, 01:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Although the idea of these reactors are very beneficial to using new energy, I am against the Dept of Energy as this should be a private venture only. In reality I doubt the Dept of Energy would move forward with this because we had one of these operational in the 70s and Nixon and The Atomic Energy Commission shut it down. Clearly there is an agenda with using our current Nuclear Reactors. Government regulations probably make it to difficult to build the LFTR and with the Military Industrial Complex deeply invested with Nukes, why would they want to sacrifice that. To my knowledge the LFTR is not weapons grade material. Aircraft Carriers and Submarines use current Nuclear Reactors. Have to police the world after all. :(
With the tiny possibility this goes anywhere, perhaps in the near future these LFTR's can be placed in the hands of private operations in case people wake up and try and dissolve some of the US Depts. If energy was treated like the market, then better accountability, cheaper prices and better quality control.