Got the space bug a bit

Started by bobbystahr, December 13, 2014, 02:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Thanks to Dandel0's marvelous new day/night sky package I jumped off into space again. Hope y like this..comments/tips of course more than welcome. I was going for an alien but habitable world and got this.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

archonforest

I like the whole thing except the UFO.... :-\ not sure why...it just looks odd for me...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

Just two parts what i would try to change.
The texture of the structure looks low quality.
And the Moon texture needs a little more work.
But in general i like the scene.

bobbystahr

Quote from: archonforest on December 13, 2014, 02:28:22 PM
I like the whole thing except the UFO.... :-\ not sure why...it just looks odd for me...

I understand. They came from the same artist. I approved a lot of his stuff when I worked at Renderosity and I thought to stay with the same artist. that ship actually fits the landing pads if I recall correctly from previous play-arounds.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on December 13, 2014, 02:47:23 PM

Just two parts what i would try to change.
The texture of the structure looks low quality.
And the Moon texture needs a little more work.
But in general i like the scene.

Yeah I hoped someone would mention the over-displaced critter. Gonna try something different and the structure is very lo quality compared to some space stuff. Unfortunately. I may replace the city all together. :-\
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Very interesting scene for me.

If you don't like the texture quality of the city, why not put it in a bigger distance to the cam?
The UFO you could perhaps place in a different angle (city more in the far and UFO launched from the city towards the camera?)

Concerning the moon I have no idea, because my first planet must just be made once... no experience - sorry ;)