Light through water shader glass problem

Started by Djb3000, June 10, 2014, 02:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djb3000

I have been working on model which uses a water shader to create glass for the windscreen which can use a mask to simulate dust. This was going okay apart from the water shader glass kills the light source which shines onto the hands and dashboard. Please see attachment, before and after).

Is there a way around this as I would like to keep the light and shadows created inside the car?

There is also a jpeg attached showing the method I have used.

8)

bobbystahr

When that happens to me I put a light inside, sometimes no shadow, but sometimes a SoftShadow does it better.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

If the windscreen is a separate object you could try to check "cast shadows". Just a thought...

Dune

I think the problem is just that the object throws shadows. It would be better if the object is separate to NOT have it throw shadows. I think.

Hannes

Sorry - typo! Of course I meant, you should uncheck "cast shadows"!

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on June 11, 2014, 04:06:57 AM
I think the problem is just that the object throws shadows. It would be better if the object is separate to NOT have it throw shadows. I think.

Jebus, that's it...why did I never think of that. Have had a number of car scenes where I've added a no shadow light inside.  Maybe cuz Imagine3D world glass didn't react like that and I'm relying on past successes in a different world. Thanks for the head shake Ulco.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Had to check that Ulco, nope not that . I see a network so maybe that impacts on this. Try fiddling with the Nerge shader settings I think.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Looking at them here I do see a definate colour diff in the arm but nothing like you have happening
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Djb3000

Yes!
The 'Do not cast shadows' option works. 

Onwards and upwards (until the next problem).

Thanks for the help.