Cant open my File...

Started by elike, July 17, 2007, 01:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elike

I have provided my first complicated scenery with TG2. The file cannot be opened any more. I get the announcement "Parse error at line 608: not well-formed [invalid token]. >:(

Can somebody help me in addition?

Oshyan

You can open the .tgd file in any regular text editor (such as Notepad or my personal favorite PSPad [Windows]). Search in the file for path statements and make sure there are no special, unusual, or non-english characters, including cyrillic, accent marks, etc. Adjust the paths in the file and the actual file locations to remove any such characters. The easiest way to do this would be to copy the .tgd file and all supporting files (including image maps, objects, textures, etc.) to a special folder in your root directory, such as C:\TG2\

TG2 will be made more compatible with the full character set in the future.

- Oshyan

elike

Thank you for the tip!  ::)

Frank

ThinkPink

I had the "same" problems. But the thing was .... i made the settings of a picture on the first computer and put the TGD- and TER-File on an other machine to render ... ;D  and the paths were different. So TG couldn't find the included TER-File. But the error messages sounds a bit strange, not "Wrong path/filename" or something like that.