Ain't gonna happen but...

Started by archonforest, June 11, 2014, 10:43:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Hi there,

Well ain't gonna happen but was nice to think about it....Imagine a week/end together...all of us...same place, bunch of computers and TG3...and some good food, cold beer...ehh...

Ain't gonna happen but would be cool to meet each other...

Some time ago I was attending a computer club/fantasy club every Friday night for years ... it was awesome...playing games, watching the latest demos from the latest party(Demo Party), playing AD&D...drinking coke, eating chips...

This place is somewhat similar for me...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Upon Infinity

Maybe we could do a Google hangout or something...

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Upon Infinity

I've never done one, but it's where several people log in to a live YouTube broadcast.  People can talk to each other via video, post comments, etc.

yossam

Sounds cool..................but would it be safe for all that talent to be in one place?

Vue might call in an air strike...................... :)

inkydigit

Quote from: yossam on June 11, 2014, 12:53:56 PM
Sounds cool..................but would it be safe for all that talent to be in one place?
Talent for eating chips and drinking cold beverages... I can do that
:))
Sounds cool to me!

N-drju

Attila, that is one hell of an idea! Perhaps it can be done!

Maybe we should do that in Belgium? I'll be there by the end of August. Perhaps GB, The Nederlands and France can join? :D Maybe even guys from US can drop by for their European holidays? ;) Or else yet, maybe we should start doing meetings of that sort in various parts of the world? First Europe, then US?

@ yossam - not if you bring killer teddies as bodyguards. :D
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

I had this in my mind for a long time. Would be fantastic. But I have to say that I'd prefer a meeting without any computer. Just sitting together, talking, laughing, drinking icecold beer (without cookie flavour!!!) and having a lot of fun. Even if (or because?) I spend a lot of time in front of my computer, there are moments I love to have absolutely no access to it. I'd never take a computer with me, when I'm on vacation (my wife would kill me...).
Great idea!

yossam

Mmmmmmmmmmm.................ice cold beer.  ;D  I thought you would prefer something more medieval.

N-drju

I echo Hannes. Our computers deserve some rest as well. ;) Beer can be traced back to ancient Mesopotamia. Fine enough. :P But mead! Mead is the medievalest drink of all!

Well I guess it's time to stop talking and start acting!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on June 12, 2014, 04:16:30 PM
I had this in my mind for a long time. Would be fantastic. But I have to say that I'd prefer a meeting without any computer. Just sitting together, talking, laughing, drinking icecold beer (without cookie flavour!!!) and having a lot of fun. Even if (or because?) I spend a lot of time in front of my computer, there are moments I love to have absolutely no access to it. I'd never take a computer with me, when I'm on vacation (my wife would kill me...).
Great idea!

I'm the same. Leaving for a 2 week tour on the 19th and will be sans computer, as always. Kinda nice to get away from what folks call my wife since my dog died. She had that  appellation till her passing. My guitars are getting jealous of the computer and maybe that's why they both attempted suicide from dryness a while back. I'd like the chatting but I'd have to drink coffee as I'm a non practicing alcoholic.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Zairyn Arsyn

I have have fantasied about similar things like this, it would be fun.

Quote from: archonforest on June 11, 2014, 10:43:57 AM
Hi there,

Well ain't gonna happen but was nice to think about it....Imagine a week/end together...all of us...same place, bunch of computers and TG3...and some good food, cold beer...ehh...

Ain't gonna happen but would be cool to meet each other...

Some time ago I was attending a computer club/fantasy club every Friday night for years ... it was awesome...playing games, watching the latest demos from the latest party(Demo Party), playing AD&D...drinking coke, eating chips...

This place is somewhat similar for me...

WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/