Hut into the wild

Started by kalwalt, June 14, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

Hut into the wild: another work in progress, i'm learning the plants and ground covering process, i think the image need more vegetation but i haven't so many xfrog models... grasss  is created with grass clump populations, It seems some part too repeat, maybe need to increase the amount of blades; my idea is to create a calm lanscape with a wood hut. :D
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

archonforest

I think this is a very good start. I like the landscape alot. If you need more veggies just search on the forum and u will find some nice staff. Agree with the grass to fix. I would find another grass type and populate with that one.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kaedorg

Very very good start.
I thing grass is a bit too clear, i would make it darker. Add more various small vegs.

Looking forward

David

masonspappy

Might also want to randomize the shading on the trees and grass a bit.

kalwalt

Thank you all for the feedback! I think i have to find the better way to spread the vegetations around the scene: i used  for the treees (fagus and betula) a painted shader, instead for the grass i used a map created with World Machine, ( also the hightmap ) an alpha map with height selection, but maybe a painted shader is sufficient  and let to adjust the visual distribution of the clumps.

to @archonforest yes, I have to search on the forum and on the xfrog page for some free models. I have xfrog 3.5 software but in DVD included there are not so many models. Another option for the second plane and the background is to use billboards ( that i have and i can create ).

QuoteI thing grass is a bit too clear, i would make it darker. Add more various small vegs.
to @kaedorg yes i agree with you, but the fact is i used two types of grass clumps, i need to undersatnd what of the two are to o clear.

QuoteMight also want to randomize the shading on the trees and grass a bit.
How can randomize it? what shader do you raccomend to use and where i can connect it?

Stay tuned!  :D
Walter
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

Improved version: but the grass need yet more "substance", i would add some more trees ( i forgot that when i purchased TG3 was bundled some xfrog models...!), i'm fighting now with the limited resources of my pc ( the Ram) as i add more vegetations more difficult to change it, for example, changing ths singles pop. instances now is very difficult (or impossible), maybe it's time to increase my pc Ram!
I also need to add  a bump map for the hut texture, it lacks in realism.
Hard and fun works for the next days! :)
[attach=1]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

masonspappy

[quote
QuoteMight also want to randomize the shading on the trees and grass a bit.
How can randomize it? what shader do you raccomend to use and where i can connect it?
[/quote]

See attached. I used fake colors to give a better idea how the randomized color distribution work.
I think I originally got the idea from Yossam or  Chornor

kalwalt

thank's for the tips @masonspappy, i will try it! :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

i have improved the grass and added more trees, I think that now is better but the grass maybe is a bit too high now... Not yet worked on the random colors for the leaves, but will do soon. I will add also a bit of flowers on the grass, it looks a bit innatural without.
[attach=1]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

masonspappy

I think this is a good improvement over the first image

archonforest

great improvement... ;)
what are those veggies at the front...looks like crops? I think they are pretty tall...hmm...
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kalwalt

to @masonspappy i also think that is much better! :)

to @archonforest they are "Phragmites_dry" from the Terragen3 model presets, i left the default dim. should be the right dimension ( i supppose), intead the grass is a population of grass clumps.( i think i will need to decrease a bit) some particular of the hut are hidden now.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

And also i put some lilac and rose but are semi-hidden by the grass! :P
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

I discovered that Phragmites may be very tall http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phragmites, maybe i need to change with another one more appropriate....
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

Quite an evolution! The upper part of the image looks very good. Not quite sure about the phragmites. They are all perfectly straight, which looks a bit unnatural.
Anyway, even if the size might be correct, it's the overall impression that counts. Why not scaling them a bit down, until it looks correct.