Hut into the wild

Started by kalwalt, June 14, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

QuoteQuite an evolution! The upper part of the image looks very good. Not quite sure about the phragmites. They are all perfectly straight, which looks a bit unnatural.
Thank's @Hannes! yes, the upper part i think is good, i will not touch. I think Phragmites are not the right plants for this image, should growth near a lake or so, instead i will put a bunch of flowers plants like in a Monet painting...
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

N810

lol yea, phragmites is 6'-8' marsh grass.  :o
you shouldn't see this near hills or mountains.

Ps. scene looks greatly improved over the first one.
Hmmm... wonder what this button does....

kalwalt

Quotelol yea, phragmites is 6'-8' marsh grass.  :o
you shouldn't see this near hills or mountains.

Ps. scene looks greatly improved over the first one.

yes, exactly that's why i will use another plant! :D
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Luc

Already very nice improvements compared to first post   :)

luc
Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr
Unreal Authorized Instructor

kalwalt

QuoteAlready very nice improvements compared to first post   :)

luc
Thank you, Luc!  :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

Partial rendering: A little improvement: less grass near the hut, added a shader to randomize the colors of the grass (but need to be improved i think) and added some flowers as test instead of Phragmites, but maybe without flowers could be also nice...
[attach=1]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

Now without other plants in the middle of the grass, a bit more darker grass, maybe was better before, but i apllied a random color on the grass you can see some parts more yellowish and other greenish.
[attach=1]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

archonforest

the color of the grass throw me off the picture. I think this grass looks supers fresh and new while the rest of the veggies are more washed out...I would try to choose a different green probably mixed with some lighter green like what u have on the trees..
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kalwalt

QuoteI think this grass looks supers fresh and new while the rest of the veggies are more washed out.
i have the same impression but very difficult to choose the color, i used different shaders in chain to gain this effect, before with only the default shader i used one type of color, if i use the same colour in my elaborated shaders doesnt make the same result, i think i have to tweak a bit the settings.
Honestly i like much more the green color of the grass in the last picture i did ( hut into the wild02.jpeg)....
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

archonforest

perhaps u reduce the amount of grass so the underground brownish soil can be visible a bit?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

kalwalt

Maybe this version could be fine, i wondering if is better to change a bit the shot,i mean to raise a bit a camera and tilt it to the top... will see this.  :)
[attach=1]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

I think that covering a bit more some parts of the hills give a more nice result, i will cover also some parts not dressed by the trees with the grass to make uniform the image.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Dune

You're getting there, but you need more color variation in the grass and some more species of weed/grass.

mhaze

Ditto Dune.  You're learning fast great to see your progress.

Hannes

Second that. Plus the flowers are way too large and the trees are a bit too bright and could use some color variation as well.
You're really getting there. Looks already very good.