Hut into the wild

Started by kalwalt, June 14, 2014, 07:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

Quote from: Dune on June 20, 2014, 02:49:42 AM
You're getting there, but you need more color variation in the grass and some more species of weed/grass.
i did but probably not in the correct way, i have to go deep in the comprehension, and yes i need more species but it's not so easy to find it some freely .obj or .tgo, or i can make it with xfrog but of course it takes more time... ( to learn it well, and to create a convincing species)

Quote from: mhaze on June 20, 2014, 04:23:56 AM
Ditto Dune.  You're learning fast great to see your progress.
Thank you!, that's strange because i think to be very slow...! :)

Quote from: Hannes on June 20, 2014, 05:37:36 AM
Second that. Plus the flowers are way too large and the trees are a bit too bright and could use some color variation as well.
You're really getting there. Looks already very good.

Thank you Hannes! :) yes, i think you are referring to the pink flowers in the 'midddle ' of the grass, instead the left ones are two lilac and wild rose bushes. Regarding the color variation of the trees i'm experimenting a bit on another .tgd file... i'm not getting the result expected, i will post in another topic my result and my troubles with it.
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

Yes, Walter, I was referring mainly to the flowers in the center of the image, but I think the ones at the left are a bit too large as well.

For the color variation you only need to plug in a power fractal shader for example into the "tint diffuse colour" slot of the pop shader's colour tab. If you have a simple b/w PF it might be necessary to increase the Diffuse colour multiplier to 1.5 to keep the brightness of the population.
Are the trees in the foreground members of a population? If so, do the same here. Imho the trees are a bit too bight, so you could leave the Diff. Col. multiplier as it is.

There's a lot of great free stuff in the file sharing section. I'm sure you'll find some plants to add to the grass.

kalwalt

QuoteFor the color variation you only need to plug in a power fractal shader for example into the "tint diffuse colour" slot of the pop shader's colour tab. If you have a simple b/w PF it might be necessary to increase the Diffuse colour multiplier to 1.5 to keep the brightness of the population.
basically it was i did, but maybe i'm wrong adding a coloured and not a b/w color on the power fractal shader. This i did on the grass but as point out Ulco, the grass lack in variety, but maybe i have to tweak the scale of the Power fractal shader(?), i post here a picture of the nodes, maybe is easyer to explain:
[attach=1]
and 'green' node is a power fractal node (as the 'yellow' one):
[attach=2]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

i forgot the scale in the green node:
[attach=1]
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

This won't work. You have to add a shader as seen in the attached image.
To check if your power fractal has the right size, do the following:
disable all your objects, clouds, water etc. that take long to render. Create a new surface layer and give it a special name like Colour Test or whatever you want (you'll delete it later anyway).
Assign the exact power fractal you added as colour variation as colour function (and as luminosity function as well to make it more visible) of your new test shader. Do some low quality test renders and adjust the size of your power fractal until it looks OK.
Then delete the test shader and reactivate everything you disabled.

Play with the colour of the PF. You can give the white part some yellowish tint or whatever you like.
Hope that helps...

kalwalt

Thank's Hannes i'm working on, following your instructions. I also a found some free grass and variuos plants models in the terragen.org page. :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

In this rendering perhaps i get a better variety on the colours of the trees and on the colours of the grass. I did as you (Hannes) explain me, not yet added the free flower and grass that i founded: this will be the work for tomorrow or for the next days....
I also think that some bushes will be good behind the pines in the middle.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

Great!!!!! Imho the flowers to the left are still too large. The ones in the middle have the right size, but there could be more of them. A suggestion: create an additional population of the flowers in the middle, but use a different colour for the petals (yellow?) to get more variation.
It's great fun to see your image getting better and better!

kalwalt

Quote from: Hannes on June 21, 2014, 03:56:15 PM
Great!!!!! Imho the flowers to the left are still too large. The ones in the middle have the right size, but there could be more of them. A suggestion: create an additional population of the flowers in the middle, but use a different colour for the petals (yellow?) to get more variation.
It's great fun to see your image getting better and better!

I'm happy too!  :) I agree, i have to add more varietaty in the middle, i found some yellows dandelions, that may be perfect, the pinky flowers are the Cosmos from Model presets ( a .tgo file) i can change the textures of the petals to yellow and renaming  the .tgo file. It's funny also for me to show my creative process! but my pc is becaming very slow, maybe i added too much populations? Should maybe use some billboards models for the  trees in the backgorund? but maybe it's better if i try another time... i fear to lost the quality i gained trying other solutions!

p.s. i also see the xfrog groundcover collection and a similar Silva3d... i will consider them for the future!
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

Don't touch the background!!!
;) ;) ;)
Seriously: do what you want, but the background is almost perfect right now, so it would be a pity to change anything. How many GB RAM do you have? I only have 3GB, and my machine handles a large number of populations quite well, so don't give up!

kalwalt

Quote from: Hannes on June 21, 2014, 05:18:13 PM
Don't touch the background!!!
;) ;) ;)
Seriously: do what you want, but the background is almost perfect right now, so it would be a pity to change anything. How many GB RAM do you have? I only have 3GB, and my machine handles a large number of populations quite well, so don't give up!

Hannes i will not do! i was refering for future experimentations on another projects.... ;)  ;D
i have a Samsung laptop with 6 GB of ram and 4core i5 processor.

WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Hannes

OK, you have twice as much RAM as I have, so you shouldn't have problems with your populations.

kalwalt

Quote from: Hannes on June 21, 2014, 06:03:33 PM
OK, you have twice as much RAM as I have, so you shouldn't have problems with your populations.

ok! good to know, this is encouraging!
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

Some news: i added some dandelions and other grass on the foreground but they seems hidden by the clump grass (i reduced a bit his lenght but it's not enough), little changes in the lilac and rose bushes ( a bit reduced), now it's a matter to adjust dimensions and quantity of some plants.
I think also i need to increase the AA (used 6), some contours in the hut are a bit jagged.
[attach=1]

rendering size: 1400 x 1069 pixels
rendering time: 6 hours 29 min.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

N-drju

"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"