issue with eroded heightfield

Started by kalwalt, July 08, 2014, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalwalt

I'm experimenting with the eroded heightfield shader, after working on a little project i saved it and reopened but i can't see my terrain as it was. It consisted in an alpine landscape with a little lake. Maybe i didn't plugged in the right way some node but i can't see the error, Can somebody take a look at and explain me what is wrong?
Thank you,

Walter
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

Matt

You might need to go to the erosion node and press the Generate button. The TGD doesn't store heightfield data, so the erosion needs to be calculated after you load the project. If "auto calculate" isn't checked, it won't do it automatically.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

kalwalt

Quote from: Matt on July 08, 2014, 08:12:41 PM
You might need to go to the erosion node and press the Generate button. The TGD doesn't store heightfield data, so the erosion needs to be calculated after you load the project. If "auto calculate" isn't checked, it won't do it automatically.

Matt

thank's for the answer @Matt, maybe this was the reason. But i'm not sure if i connected in the right way the heightfield nodes: as i regenerate it changed completely. Basically i would create my terrain and appply a erosion effect. I found the Heightfield erode v.3 node, i would know if i connected correctly the nodes, or if there is a best way to do the same thing.
I work very well building my map with World machine and importing the heightfield with the load heightfield node, but i would experiment creating all inside TG this time. :)
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

kalwalt

i found this example in the forum: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,8741.0.html do you know other examples that you may suggest to use?
i note that maybe i used too nodes for the heightfields... maybe it's enough, one heightfield generate node and after the erode node.
WorldMachine
3Dcoat