Lamborghini Adventador WIP

Started by AC5LT43R, July 18, 2014, 04:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC5LT43R

Instead of using a backplate and a HDRI made by other people (high quality ones are also expensive) I decided to make my own in Terragen. The image you see below is basically a looks test, just do see what I can do with it in 3DS Max and then Photoshop. I'm not sure if I'll keep the sky (currently the sun position in the backplate doesn't quite match with the direction of the hdri and maybe different clouds) and also a lot more work needs to go in to the background geometry as currently it's just basic rubbish. The way I work is similar to a 2d sketch artist who sketches on paper then takes it in to photoshop and refines it.. In a similar fashion I 'sketch' in 3ds max, get the look in photoshop then go back to max and refine and render the proper passes (I always render the car separate from the background geometry and the wheels separate from everything else.)

In the future I plan to use TG a lot more for backplates and hdri maps as it's so much more interesting and fun to create your own, rather than pay someone else for their work which can also be used by other people.  ;D

Tangled-Universe

Hold on, you're saying these are TG clouds?

AC5LT43R

No, they're from another image, just blended in with the clear sky I rendered in TG. Once I finish the background geo I'll work on the sky in TG. Sorry to disappoint! 8)

Tangled-Universe

Yeah I thought so already...well, may be some day!

TheBadger

Looks good man. Only problem I caught is the light on the hubcaps. Something strange happening there.
It has been eaten.