Another sign that indicates u render too much :)

Started by archonforest, July 21, 2014, 11:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Today I wanted to continue my work on a brochure in InDesign. I loaded the document and scrolled to the correct page. There is a picture on that page with a foreign language. With default settings Indd show the linked files in low resolution. Therefor one cannot read the text on it. Now what I did is this. Scrolled to the linked art and waited as I thought it will render the picture to a better quality. ::) Took me a minute till I realized this is not TG but InDesign and it will not render the picture for me :-\  Oopps...

Does something similar happened to you? Wanna share it for fun?
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Upon Infinity

I'm more like Neo at the end of The Matrix, where he just sees the code that makes up his world.  Instead, I just see the wireframe mesh.

archonforest

Quote from: Upon Infinity on July 21, 2014, 12:29:28 PM
I'm more like Neo at the end of The Matrix, where he just sees the code that makes up his world.  Instead, I just see the wireframe mesh.
That is usefull when u do 3D  :D :D

PabloMack

Quote from: archonforest on July 21, 2014, 11:44:16 AM...Scrolled to the linked art and waited as I thought it will render the picture to a better quality.

Did you press Control-R?

TheBadger

The mouse. When I move back to TG from Maya I keep trying to nav in TG like I do in Maya, but that does not work. Takes a while to stop... Muscle memory I guess. Same it true in reverse.
It has been eaten.

archonforest

archonforest

Quote from: archonforest on July 22, 2014, 08:39:06 AM
Quote from: PabloMack on July 21, 2014, 05:08:42 PM
Did you press Control-R?
???

Another funny thing to do is to do typesetting on a PC and then on a MAC and PC again and MAC... :o

PabloMack

I just wanted to know how far you went before realizing your image couldn't be rendered in HD. I think I've done this too.  ;)

archonforest

I was looking the monitor for about 30 sec and I realized I am not looking the 3D preview of TG so the picture will stay lo-res... ::) guess blondy moment... :D