JMJ

Started by archonforest, August 04, 2014, 10:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archonforest

Does any of you know Jean Michel Jarre? Just listening his Oxygen 1-4 album...just love his music :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

pokoy

Well, you can't have grown up in the 80s and missed his music. I used to put on (huge) headphones and go to bed when I was 12, listening to Equinox in loop mode  :) I guess that explains my vivid dreams and why I love instrumental music.
Some of his older albums were re-issued in the recent past, not as focused as Oxygen or Equinox and more playful, but still nice to listen to.

AP

The son of Maurice Jarre, the film composer (now passed). I have not heard of Jean until the early 90s. He has a unique sound. Quite different from Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno and Vangelis.

archonforest

Yeah...now I am on the Magnetic Field cd....just awesome :D :D

Upon Infinity

If you like instrumental, check out some post-rock.  That's all I listen to anymore.

archonforest

post-rock? hmm never heard of this music style...but I will chk it out.  ;)

pokoy

Quote from: archonforest on August 04, 2014, 01:00:40 PM
post-rock? hmm never heard of this music style...but I will chk it out.  ;)

Same here. Followed the links and I must say I like it. Thanks for the links, new inspiration is always welcome!

archonforest

Wow cool, thx a bunch for those links ;)

Now I have to go off topic. Sorry but are u guys (pokoy, Upon Infinity..etc) not interested to make this who is who world map with photos? I am a bit sad as only 6 photos I got so far... :-\

Upon Infinity

Quote from: archonforest on August 04, 2014, 01:41:37 PM
Wow cool, thx a bunch for those links ;)

Now I have to go off topic. Sorry but are u guys (pokoy, Upon Infinity..etc) not interested to make this who is who world map with photos? I am a bit sad as only 6 photos I got so far... :-\

PM me the address where I can send it.

Zairyn Arsyn

I first heard about him in the book Ambient Century, but have yet to listen to his stuff, bad habit.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/