Well animation-WIP

Started by Kadri, August 06, 2014, 06:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

The ground is looking much nicer and I like that snow bank at the back.

Kadri

Thanks Ben.

I got rid of the left stone path because with this speed it would take to long to
finish the house with the primitives on the left back side.
The good thing was that it rendered surprisingly much faster.

This time i used some masks with simple shape shaders for the ground too that was under the snowy parts.
That ended only with a render around 50 seconds or so faster. I am probably near the diminishing return point.
Render time is now 29 minutes.

Moving on.

So much talk and only pictures i thought i should post an animation anyway instead waiting until the end.
This one is only an old low quality test and camera move etc. doesn't present how it will be when it is finished.
Small size but with 60 fps and there is even a magic pipe with water :)

[attachurl=2]

Dune

A nice addition could be to have the part of the snow that's ridged come down a bit, like it's sliding off. If so, you could try a vertical displacement shader, a rather sharp simple shape combined with a soft height restriction to soften the lower end, and just move the ridged part straight down so a 'crack' appears at the top.

Yes, the fake stones would be a problem indeed. I often have that problem if I have fake stones and can't use smoothing effect, then they appear differently as well. Another compute terrain may do the trick then, but that costs as well.

Kadri

Ulco yes those kind of additions would look very nice but actually at first what i wanted for this was a basic cube and a plain ground ;D
For a still image i certainly would try to make it more detailed.
When you look at the (although it will be much different in the end) animation there isn't much need for that kind of detail.
But if i can finish this faster then i think i might have a look ones again.

TheBadger

Well, I gota say, I was impressed just from how the water interacted with the surfaces. Namely, as the water went over the top of the edge. Really glad you kept this on the burner Kadri. Its more than a little interesting to me. Depending on how complicated it is and how much work to get the water to behave, this could cause me to rethink my views on TG water; falls, rivers, ect. I guess we'll see ;)
It has been eaten.

bigben

Yes, the way the water goes over the edge is very nice

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Kadri

I don't know Michael.
This project feels more like work then fun after such a long time.
But i will begin tomorrow ones again working on it.
I have stripped some fancy things that i wanted to do and
will concentrate on the animation only from now on.
Otherwise it will take too long to finish.
I hope when i see some working water tests ones again (and if they are any good of course)
it will change to be a fun project ones more :)
I kinda knew that it will be in this way.
I wanted pressure to keep going on and this was the primary reason i posted it as a WIP here.
So thanks ;)

TheBadger

It has been eaten.