Saving Custom colours

Started by Djb3000, August 16, 2014, 06:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Djb3000

One little gripe I've got with terragen is the method for saving custom colours. It would be nice if you could find the perfect colour and then select a slot and save it to this slot. As it is you lose the colour after you press on a custom slot. Can this be changed, or am I missing something?

8)

cyphyr

It's by no means perfect but I usually just copy/paste the power fractal that contains the custom colours and carry on tweaking after that. I can always reuse the PF or drag and drop the colour swatches between PF's as needed.
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bigben

I'm guessing you're talking about the Windows colour palette/picker. This is out of Planetside's control, and yes it is annoying.  You have to plan ahead and click on the slot before setting the colour. The problem is that the method for specifying a particular slot to save a custom colour is the same process as using that custom colour. If you don't select a slot it starts saving colours at the first slot, overwriting anything you've saved there.

There is no way of saving custom colours in the TG interface (AFAIK), just different methods of creating colours but as a workaround you can create a clip with a group of custom colours saved in Constant Colour nodes. Then use Pickup and Drop colour to transfer it to where you need it.

Upon Infinity

Personally, I just copy the R,G,B values down into a little notebook for the favourite colours I use for certain things.  But yes, a photoshop-esque style of saving your custom colours would be ideal.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Upon Infinity on August 17, 2014, 03:05:15 AM
Personally, I just copy the R,G,B values down into a little notebook for the favourite colours I use for certain things.  But yes, a photoshop-esque style of saving your custom colours would be ideal.

I do the same...but save within the project in a Note in the Nodes Screen
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Djb3000