When the universe craps on you, it really stinks.

Started by TheBadger, August 02, 2014, 01:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Dump it and forget about it. Get on with your project.... I'm curious!!

Upon Infinity

Quote from: TheBadger on August 19, 2014, 02:31:07 AM
It cant be fixed. Only replaced. Thats why apple wanted 600 bucks.. I could be wrong of course, but as i understand it it no one can fix a dead LED/LCD/plazma panel...? ? ? ?

Probably depends on what's wrong with it.  But as is generally the case with these things, it is rarely worth it to fix as opposed to buying something new.

archonforest

This is what I would do. Find a trust able(like who will tell you the truth for real) repair guy and ask him if it worth to fix it. If not just dump it and get a new toy :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Oshyan

Depends on what's broken with it. Just because Apple, the king of charging for everything (and charging more than everyone else for the *same* thing), wants to charge you $600 to fix it doesn't mean it's something that actually costs $600 to fix. It could just be the backlight or power supply/regulator, or a number of other relatively cheap fixes. Manufacturers will *always* charge you as much as they can. A savvy person might be able to fix it themselves. But that does *not* mean I'd recommend you try to figure it out. :D

- Oshyan