Tiger elephant.

Started by bigben, August 12, 2012, 05:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Good idea, Ben. They're just starting, so the nearest shop is probably at the other end of the country, but I'll keep my eyes open. It'll spread, no doubt. Everyone wants a tiny self, I'd say  ;)

kalwalt

Quote from: bigben on June 28, 2014, 11:43:23 PM
I've tried one of the early skanects just before we got our laser scanner. It sounds promising in theory but the resolution/noise is a limiting factor for render quality scans.

You are right, was a disavantage of this software, in this sense Reconstruct me has a better reconstruction alghorithm that preserve in a better way the mesh. I see th other softwares, but i think for the moment they goes out of my possibilities. i don't want to buy an educational license if i plan to use as a professional in the future ( Also because I have finished my studies a few months ago...). I will try the autodesk 123D catch to compare to the other i tested.
Terragen 3 creative + animation license
WorldMachine
3Dcoat

PabloMack

Quote from: kalwalt on June 29, 2014, 08:09:53 AM...was a disavantage of this software, in this sense Reconstruct me has a better reconstruction alghorithm that preserve in a better way the mesh.

Anybody have practical experience with the latest Skanect Version 1.8.3? It is supposed to have improved color rendition and better stability.