NWDA Dirt Pack vol 1 Back in the shop

Started by DannyG, August 17, 2014, 08:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DannyG

An NWDA exclusive product "Dirt Pack vol 1" by Walli .. is back in the shop! (tgo & obj)
http://store.nwdastore.com/dirt-pack-
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

TheBadger

Quoteback in the shop
Never saw these before. I like it! Hope there will be more stuff like this.

Quick question... Are all the objects individuals, or is it 4 groups of objects like it appears in the preview image? either way I think this would be nice to have. But I certainly would prefer to have all the parts as individuals... Anyway, I guess it would be easy enough to just open the OBJ in maya and save out new groups of objects or individuals if need be.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. cant have enough natural looking ground cover!
It has been eaten.

DannyG

Quote from: TheBadger on August 17, 2014, 10:19:03 PM
Quoteback in the shop
Never saw these before. I like it! Hope there will be more stuff like this.

Quick question... Are all the objects individuals, or is it 4 groups of objects like it appears in the preview image? either way I think this would be nice to have. But I certainly would prefer to have all the parts as individuals... Anyway, I guess it would be easy enough to just open the OBJ in maya and save out new groups of objects or individuals if need be.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. cant have enough natural looking ground cover!

Comes with both 4 Clusters as show above as well as the leafs and dead branch's as single items
Danny
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

TheBadger

Now that is a product presented with some pride! unbeatable price too.

The only complaint I can make about the providers from this community is that inventory is smaller than the big names. But given time, I suspect that will change. And besides, the big retailers for assets... 80% of their inventory is crap.

Cheers Danny and Walli.
It has been eaten.

Dune

You mean you want more stuff at NWDA? Like what?

DannyG

Quote from: TheBadger on August 18, 2014, 06:40:47 AM
Now that is a product presented with some pride! unbeatable price too.

The only complaint I can make about the providers from this community is that inventory is smaller than the big names. But given time, I suspect that will change. And besides, the big retailers for assets... 80% of their inventory is crap.

Cheers Danny and Walli.

New items will be coming soon Mike, we recently have acquired some new vendors as well as the return of some  of our old friends, more on that in the coming months. I second the question that Ulco asked above, what kinds of items are you looking for? 
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com

TheBadger

QuoteI second the question that Ulco asked above, what kinds of items are you looking for?

Well, really I doubt giving a list of my personal wants would be very helpful to you. Though certainly there are things that I need. But how many others would buy them? Lately all of the assets Iv needed have been super specific.

In general though. Several more packs like the one here would be good for lots of people over the long run I would think. I mean, you really cant have enough good ground cover. And I would like to see some more Hero trees and various other plants at a nice price. There are tons of good background objects out there. But I would really like to see believable bark and such on more trees for foregrounds.

As unhelpful as it is, I would say just keep doing what your doing... Just do more of it. ;D
It has been eaten.

Dune

It would be good if potential buyers would chime in and say what they're interested in. One of us may be able to make it happen. If not right away (with a few mouseclicks  ;) ) then maybe as a challenge...

mhaze

Ditto Dune.  the problem with hero trees is the software they are made in, so many venders won't even allow you to give away their stuff!

Lady of the Lake

I would like to see some dead trees.....not winter trees but trees with broken branches/etc.  I downloaded some someplace but they were thick and not too great.   Also would like some birds ...some standing, not flying. 

archonforest

I would be interested in winter trees later on. Meaning normal trees but no leaves on them. Also would be great some big/tall European Beech trees(Fagus sylvatica). Winter and normal edition.

In my country we have some beautiful Beech tree forests and I always wanted to make a render like that. :D :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

yossam

Set the opacity of your leaf shader to 0..............no leaves.  :)

archonforest

Quote from: yossam on August 19, 2014, 02:01:01 PM
Set the opacity of your leaf shader to 0..............no leaves.  :)
Hey that is a cool idea! I'll try it tonight :)
Thx a bunch :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

choronr

Yes, more ground covers. Walli's 'Mouse Ear Chickweed' is a good one. More like this can be used, especially if they are clumped and grouped. You can find plants like this growing in the wild (some flowering) in all weather zones. They make great transitional plants in between the larger bushes and trees.

As for Hero Trees, I plan on scanning a few pages of my bonsai manual that illustrate some great ideas for picturesque trees and post them here. I'll have the images for viewing as soon as I get the manual back from my granddaughter.

Dune

I have some birds I can put up; a white heron, avocet, golden plover, maybe more later. Also a flying black stork, house martin.