gulch

Started by inkydigit, July 22, 2007, 09:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

tinkering with lateral displacemnts....serendipitous really...but pleasing all the same!....all comments and critiques are most welcome and appreciated!!

used a 1025 terrain as the base terrain, and applied a power fractal with lateral only displacement.

Mavcat

Nice fake stones,nice terrain but you have a weird texture at the right flat area :) Clouds could be more detailed too

rcallicotte

Very nice.  Crisp and clear.  Great blue sky.  The rocks are all great.  I'm wondering where your AA was set.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

inkydigit

thanks for the comments!...@calico. the AA was set at 4
:)

rcallicotte

inkydigit, the reason for the question about the AA is because the upper middle portion of the picture lacks 3-dimensionality, but I don't think this is because of the AA.  It's almost like the shadows are different in some way.  Did you postwork anything or is this straight from TG2?  I like it, but that has got me wondering, since this part (in the upper middle) doesn't look real.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mavcat

Quote from: calico on July 23, 2007, 01:43:48 PM
inkydigit, the reason for the question about the AA is because the upper middle portion of the picture lacks 3-dimensionality, but I don't think this is because of the AA.  It's almost like the shadows are different in some way.  Did you postwork anything or is this straight from TG2?  I like it, but that has got me wondering, since this part (in the upper middle) doesn't look real.
I Think i know what you mean,the terrain looks very unnatural there,but at the mountain to the left you have the same,without the shadows,so i think its just the terrain

inkydigit

yeah i think its a really weird bit of displacement?...I will try to post a tgd and terrain soon!

sjefen

Really a cool terrain.
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB